The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly I am from Spain so sorry me my inglish. I was waching the german case ih website when I have seen it. Principaly is the same machine that 8010 but it has the 13 l motor and 466 hp.
I have downloaded the pdf brochure if you want.

is it made in Europe? I don´t think so.

I would like to buy one 2588 but here in Spain we don´t have this posibility althoght we have one mx 255, mx 135, puma 210 and we had one farmall 1466.

One thing more I don´t like cnh (NH tractors) I prefer the old case ih and much more the old international harvester machinery.

·
Super Moderator
4,558 Posts
Re: THE AFX 9010 IT IS HERE!!

"Utilise every inch of header width. By comparing the height between
uncut crop and stubble, the Cruise-Cut laser takes control and steers the
combine to fill the header at every pass".

Is this new to CIH? The same archaic system Claas flogs. I just don't get it.
I see they're using that POS auger spout CNH had last year. Hope they made it better,
it would be difficult to make it worse.
Wonder why a publication printed in 11/07 still talks about the 30th anniversary? Maybe in the UK.

Don

·
Registered
894 Posts

Don,

The main reason why GPS auto-steering is not used in much of Europe is likely due to farm/field size and infrastructure. You have to travel far into Eastern, South East Europe before you come to any land that begins to resemble the openness of the US and Canada. Therefore, due to these smaller farms, often less than 20 acre fields, and the corresponding narrow implements, headers, etc., basic guidance (tramlines, furrow guidance and/or optics) is all that is necessary due to its economical price in comparison to GPS.

·
Super Moderator
4,558 Posts

Thanks Caseguy, Muddy.
It just that I've been around autotrak for 6 years and couldn't image using any other way.
One can not image everyones circumstances therefore should not
criticize something their not familiar with.
This marks the end of me ragging on this system!

Don

1 - 12 of 12 Posts