The Combine Forum banner
521 - 540 of 545 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
So in SK. we had 16 MF dealers in the province, now with AGCO's wisdom of promoting Fendt we only have 14 MF dealers left. If guys thought AGCO's dealer network was small under MF well look at the Fendt dealers there are only 8 in the province.
Perdue and Weyburn locations do not list combines. Make it 6 locations.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just reading through the last few pages of this thread I find it unbelievable that Agco have withdrawn MF combines from NA and yet in this tiny country (Ireland) their putting huge pressure on MF dealers to sell MF combines. These are dealers who aren't even in arable areas and have zero history of selling combines but are now having them dropped on the lots and are told to find buyers for them.
It seems to me there might possibly be an opening here for an enterprising Dealer in NA with deep pockets to maybe import MF combines from Europe if there's a demand from customers over with you guys?.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Just reading through the last few pages of this thread I find it unbelievable that Agco have withdrawn MF combines from NA and yet in this tiny country (Ireland) their putting huge pressure on MF dealers to sell MF combines. These are dealers who aren't even in arable areas and have zero history of selling combines but are now having them dropped on the lots and are told to find buyers for them.
It seems to me there might possibly be an opening here for an enterprising Dealer in NA with deep pockets to maybe import MF combines from Europe if there's a demand from customers over with you guys?.
To tell you how committed agco is to no Massey on the side here, you can't even buy the Ideal as a toy in a Massey. Our salesman actually bought two through a dealer in Britain because he has been involved with Massey brand for 45 years and still bleeds red. A north american dealer can't even import one on their own.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Our dealer is talking about ripping the Fendt decal off and ordering MF decals for the Ideal !!
There's been one Ideal sold in Ireland to date and it was ordered as a MF and the dealer was told MF decals or stuff the combine. Ironically in the same time frame my local MF dealer has sold 3 MF combines and he's never sold a combine in his life as this is mostly dairy farmer country around here. Agco threatened to pull the franchise off him if he didn't sell the combines. Considering how small the market is here I really am struggling to understand the Agco mantra in insisting MF combines have to be sold here through dealers with no experience of them and in a market the size of you guys one they withdraw the brand.
I can understand after the disaster of MF Brantford going bust in the late 80's many are still bitter against them and may not give an MF branded combine a fair chance so perhaps thats Agco's reasoning?.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Our local dealer just received 2 Ideal 10T demo combines. Fresh from Italy...Breganze plant. As far as I know they were supposed to run with MacDon headers, but it seems those are a little hard to deliver.

Last season they had a Ideal 8 and Ideal 9 for demos and also a 10T for some days.

Harvest is only 5-6 weeks away, so far got awesome record crops developed this year. Just need some rain to bring it into the finish :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Our local dealer just received 2 Ideal 10T demo combines. Fresh from Italy...Breganze plant. As far as I know they were supposed to run with MacDon headers, but it seems those are a little hard to deliver.

Last season they had a Ideal 8 and Ideal 9 for demos and also a 10T for some days.

Harvest is only 5-6 weeks away, so far got awesome record crops developed this year. Just need some rain to bring it into the finish :)

View attachment 162780 View attachment 162781 View attachment 162782
Awesome looking machine!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #533 ·
It was with mixed feelings that we drove one of our MF combines to the Deere dealer today to come back with a 780. AGCO's decision to not yet have the BIG MASSEY available to our MF dealer left us with no other choice. Our 9560 treated us very well, our dealer was exceptional , but it was time for an upgrade. I actually called AGCO to try to find out more but the person answering the phone did not seem to really care about my concerns. My email was never replied to. My MF dealer said AGCO is leaving him in the DARK. I thought I read that the new CEO was going to listen to what farmers wanted? Our farm has purchased 3 new combines in the last 9 years and the email was not worth responding to. We were previously using Deere and our MF dealer had converted us over . As far as buying a Fendt one dealer is completely out of the service area and the other seemed to be more interested in selling us a Lexion then doing any legwork on the IDEAL. My local Deere dealer came to the yard and gladly took our check. Our Deere dealer is good and very close to our operation just as our MF dealer is. MF 9565 VS DEERE 780 we will see how they compare.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
It was with mixed feelings that we drove one of our MF combines to the Deere dealer today to come back with a 780. AGCO's decision to not yet have the BIG MASSEY available to our MF dealer left us with no other choice. Our 9560 treated us very well, our dealer was exceptional , but it was time for an upgrade. I actually called AGCO to try to find out more but the person answering the phone did not seem to really care about my concerns. My email was never replied to. My MF dealer said AGCO is leaving him in the DARK. I thought I read that the new CEO was going to listen to what farmers wanted? Our farm has purchased 3 new combines in the last 9 years and the email was not worth responding to. We were previously using Deere and our MF dealer had converted us over . As far as buying a Fendt one dealer is completely out of the service area and the other seemed to be more interested in selling us a Lexion then doing any legwork on the IDEAL. My local Deere dealer came to the yard and gladly took our check. Our Deere dealer is good and very close to our operation just as our MF dealer is. MF 9565 VS DEERE 780 we will see how they compare.
may I ask where u are located? I assume somewhere in Manitoba..

I along with many more people would like to hear your thoughts between the Red and Green machines.. Please post them.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,872 Posts
Disgraceful attitude from them Kid1. To not even respond to an email is just plain rude and insulting.

521 - 540 of 545 Posts