The Combine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 476 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Run the ideal alongside lexion 780 and the new holland, the big one cant remember what number for a season in big north american fields
Pushed as hard as possible if the ideal can nose ahead with minimum losses and more importanly prove reliable then sales should follow.
It has to be better than the opposition to lure the large growers and custom cutters away from the others because with the claas and holland you know what youre getting the have the reputation .
Have run masseys myself for the last few years but buy them on price if money was not an option would defnitely try claas or holland
Maybe the ideal will restore the MF combines fortunes but build quality would want to be better than some of the european models of the last twenty years good designs spoilt by poor and weak materials.
If gleaners were sold here i would love to try one if the are half as good as the videos cant understand why agco dont push harder to sell.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
I wonder what the option packages will be once they hit the retail stage. The whole concept of automated separation adjustment is great and has proven itself a bit in other brands, but sometimes operator training isn't always a viable option. Maybe some "management only" firewalls would be smart in the operating system where it relates to grain saving and sample quality? Header and feeder settings are getting a bit complex as well, especially on the hydraulically flexible ones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
off topic but(not trying to start an argument, but one will start anyways): Why were you massey people saying "it doesn't matter, they're all the same machine, just rebadged" when Allis orange went out and the Allis people were going nuts?

(may not have been on this forum, but there are quite a few examples online, and at the dealer)
I understand where you are coming from, and honestly you are right to point that out. It is selfish of us to make it all about us when our favorite brand seems to be getting kicked aside. On the subject to Allis going out, i honestly never cared for the brand itself. Not saying there was anything bad about it, just was never a fan of the orange. That's just my opinion, and its not meant to offend anyone.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I understand where you are coming from, and honestly you are right to point that out. It is selfish of us to make it all about us when our favorite brand seems to be getting kicked aside. On the subject to Allis going out, i honestly never cared for the brand itself. Not saying there was anything bad about it, just was never a fan of the orange. That's just my opinion, and its not meant to offend anyone.
I kinda thought when they began and was acquiring all these companies they would go to AGCO-Allis(or just straight AGCO)tractors/equipment in company colors and AGCO(in company colors) and Gleaner combines, you know Allis-Gleaner COmpany, or run all these companies as independent operations(what I think they should have done)

I really don't know what they're doing now(everything seems to be under Massey or White name and Gleaner and Fendt are somehow still their self yet doesn't seem to be doing anything)I don't think putting everything under one name is the answer either, no matter the name or color

·
Super Moderator
2,660 Posts
Good. Best brand they have and they should use it as the basis for the whole line.
Makes me think Massey Ferguson is mainly a Western Canadian brand, AGCO choosing to use a worldwide, well respect name.
Combine that with a completely different dress on a completely different machine means a wholesale marketing turn.

Remember that “All new Deere” thread a couple years ago?
My Deere friends, this is what all new actually looks like!

·
Registered
344 Posts
so a couple thoughts on this..

- so who is going to sell this? not every dealer is a Fendt dealer.

- is the axial going to be done next year? or are they going to keep building it longer?

- where do this put Gleaner and Challenger?

·
Premium Member
8,054 Posts
Guys I can't make the show. I'm sure lots of us would appreciate some info and pictures on the unit though.

Honestly who cares what name they put on the side as long as it works! Just to satisfy all the fanatics out there they should just stick with the neutral color scheme and provide whatever decal guys want.....heck, give them a whole set and make them magnetic so they can be switched whenever there is a mood change...:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
2,660 Posts

1. so who is going to sell this? not every dealer is a Fendt dealer.

2. is the axial going to be done next year? or are they going to keep building it longer?

3. where do this put Gleaner and Challenger?
I’ll swag this.
1. Any dealer who sells any AGCO combine now.
2. Yes, no.
3. Gone.

SWAG.

·
Registered
899 Posts

- so who is going to sell this? not every dealer is a Fendt dealer.

- is the axial going to be done next year? or are they going to keep building it longer?

- where do this put Gleaner and Challenger?
From the information that my dealer and area sales rep have told me they have limited units for the first couple of years in North America.

They will keep producing the axial machines for at least 3 years before a final decision is made on weather to start production of the Ideal in North America. I would assume this would stay branded massey and challenger to keep brand confusion to a minimum. Then at if they move production they can label them massey or challenger in the future. Have another big party when they announce the massey combines.

Challenger isn't going away for the foreseeable future, there are to many challenger only dealers in the states.

Gleaner?? well thats a big question. I don't see it going away right now, but in the future it may. They do say they are committed to the brand.

One thing about deere is that with one color and one brand, they don't have to worry about branding.

·
Registered
344 Posts
From the information that my dealer and area sales rep have told me they have limited units for the first couple of years in North America.

They will keep producing the axial machines for at least 3 years before a final decision is made on weather to start production of the Ideal in North America. I would assume this would stay branded massey and challenger to keep brand confusion to a minimum. Then at if they move production they can label them massey or challenger in the future. Have another big party when they announce the massey combines.

Challenger isn't going away for the foreseeable future, there are to many challenger only dealers in the states.

Gleaner?? well thats a big question. I don't see it going away right now, but in the future it may. They do say they are committed to the brand.

One thing about deere is that with one color and one brand, they don't have to worry about branding.
This is kinda what our dealer thinks as well.

·
Premium Member
8,054 Posts
I know you are being sarcastic but I would love that option! I'm not sure why though.
I'm being sarcastic about the way some guys think the decal is more important than the job it does. Having interchangeable decals is a good idea as far as I am concerned, that way they won't have to touch the machine to re-brand it. It should help resale.

·
Premium Member
5,282 Posts
I looked at the combine today. The grain tank size and unloading system is impressive. I thought it had a conventional cylinder followed by two rotors like a lexion. It however is basically a two rotor machine with all the threshing being done in the start of the rotor followed by a rotor section that is designed much like the Lexion rotor. They use a rethresher which does the threshing through the auger flighting that coveys the material, rubbing the tailings on a key stock auger cover at the bottom. I thought the sieve area would be bigger but was around 54 inches wide on the class 9 machine. They use a engine that is used in the Fendt tractor that I have never heard of.

·
Registered
431 Posts
the combine is impressive , but that is the ugliest color they could've picked. It looks like primer, paint it Fendt green, Challenger yellow, MF red or Gleaner silver, but paint the **** thing !!!! or if they want to convert green guys paint JD colors!!! Because they are sure pissing AGCO guys off.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Like the color . It's the stealth bomber of combines. AGCO guys shouldn't care about colors any how . AGCOs line up is like a box of Smarties. Lol
Hope it turns out to be a beast and not a dud.
Not that I will afford one any time soon lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
I went and saw the new combine on Tuesday. The 9 t which was unveiled had around 650 hp and could hold about 480 bushels. Unloads at 6 bushels. You can also control how fast it unloads by closing plates over the augers. You can also control the output placement in the box with a hydraulic spout. It only goes in or out, not side to side. Comes with 3 track options or two tire options. May have rwd as well. Cab is a fendt cab and is very nice. Control are very easy to use. Has as crapple pad that can control the settings automatically, or you can use the cameras mounted inside it to set up yourself. There is a lot of features and I can't remember them all. It also uses a cvt transmission that is used to power just about everything.
Acco said that it will be badged as a fendt and the dealers need to be accepted as a fendt dealer in order to sell them.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 476 Posts