The Combine Forum banner

461 - 476 of 476 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Isn't it about time Fendt gets it's own page here on the forum since it's not a Massey and never will be...?

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
One was in my neighborhood last week, didn't have a chance to check it out, guy said 485 bu tank unloads in 90 seconds, 12 row corn head running 6.5 mph. Impressive machine, impressive price tag... $685k.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Isn't it about time Fendt gets it's own page here on the forum since it's not a Massey and never will be...?
That Ideal was designed by AGCO's MF division in Europe. It originally was to be marketed as a MF world wide, but AGCO did surveys and found majority of USA farmers like Fendt and disliked MF so they are taking a chance on the Fendt name to gain more customers.

·
Registered
219 Posts
That Ideal was designed by AGCO's MF division in Europe. It originally was to be marketed as a MF world wide, but AGCO did surveys and found majority of USA farmers like Fendt and disliked MF so they are taking a chance on the Fendt name to gain more customers.
Whatever you gota tell yourself to keep believing Massey Ferguson makes the world go 'round. I'd definitely agree with you on the second half of your comment. I find it funny that all the Massey fans think "Massey" has designed everything for AGCO in the last 25 years and is still designing everything. Massey Ferguson became nothing more than a brand under AGCO when they were bought up back in the mid 90's, not a company that is still designing and engineering. AGCO designed the machine.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
What’s curious is AGCO never owned the plant that produced European Massey Ferguson combines until 2011. Even more curious, the Germans awarded Massey Ferguson a prize for developing the IDEAL.

“1956 Breganze, Italy begins combine production

2011 AGCO acquires Breganze Combine “Manufacturing Plant, Italy
Massey Ferguson?s unrivalled harvesting heritage

“2008: Eleven new combine models are presented at the Fendt Field Day in Wadenbrunn. The rotary combine with 459 hp is equipped with the largest rotor currently available in the industry.”
https://www.fendt.com/us/4164

“Fendt manufactures and markets a full line of tractors and balers, and recently began selling combines built by AGCO and Laverda.”
https://tractors.fandom.com/wiki/Fendt

https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=155211&stc=1&d=1573251404

Attachments

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
It's not all that different from what I can see from the bits of info coming out. It's just another bigger twin rotor combine. Like Massey Ideal it uses 2 full size rotors. Shaker pan, sieves, rethresher, chopper. 600 hp class 10, so technically bigger than the Ideal. But it's a bit better looking than the Ideal. Still angular lines but not quite as ugly. And I'm guessing around $1m. Insane.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What I like about Deere's approach is that they have not reinvented their entire offering. I kinda wished Agco would have done the same, I like the Massey 9500 series. Even more insulting is that in our area, the Ideal will not even be available. I might be wrong but I think they will only have a handful of dealers selling the Ideal in western Canada.

461 - 476 of 476 Posts