The Combine Forum banner

521 - 531 of 531 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
It's a repeat of the MF bankruptcy in 1988. When that happened our 860 had no resale value, we ran those combines for 16 years after that and we still have one that we bring out annually. My take on this is we are going to keep our MF till I retire or I die.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So in SK. we had 16 MF dealers in the province, now with AGCO's wisdom of promoting Fendt we only have 14 MF dealers left. If guys thought AGCO's dealer network was small under MF well look at the Fendt dealers there are only 8 in the province.
Perdue and Weyburn locations do not list combines. Make it 6 locations.

·
Registered
670 Posts
AGCO better get there heads outta there ass or they will be done, this might work in the USA, but it's not going to fly here!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just reading through the last few pages of this thread I find it unbelievable that Agco have withdrawn MF combines from NA and yet in this tiny country (Ireland) their putting huge pressure on MF dealers to sell MF combines. These are dealers who aren't even in arable areas and have zero history of selling combines but are now having them dropped on the lots and are told to find buyers for them.
It seems to me there might possibly be an opening here for an enterprising Dealer in NA with deep pockets to maybe import MF combines from Europe if there's a demand from customers over with you guys?.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Just reading through the last few pages of this thread I find it unbelievable that Agco have withdrawn MF combines from NA and yet in this tiny country (Ireland) their putting huge pressure on MF dealers to sell MF combines. These are dealers who aren't even in arable areas and have zero history of selling combines but are now having them dropped on the lots and are told to find buyers for them.
It seems to me there might possibly be an opening here for an enterprising Dealer in NA with deep pockets to maybe import MF combines from Europe if there's a demand from customers over with you guys?.
To tell you how committed agco is to no Massey on the side here, you can't even buy the Ideal as a toy in a Massey. Our salesman actually bought two through a dealer in Britain because he has been involved with Massey brand for 45 years and still bleeds red. A north american dealer can't even import one on their own.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Our dealer is talking about ripping the Fendt decal off and ordering MF decals for the Ideal !!
There's been one Ideal sold in Ireland to date and it was ordered as a MF and the dealer was told MF decals or stuff the combine. Ironically in the same time frame my local MF dealer has sold 3 MF combines and he's never sold a combine in his life as this is mostly dairy farmer country around here. Agco threatened to pull the franchise off him if he didn't sell the combines. Considering how small the market is here I really am struggling to understand the Agco mantra in insisting MF combines have to be sold here through dealers with no experience of them and in a market the size of you guys one they withdraw the brand.
I can understand after the disaster of MF Brantford going bust in the late 80's many are still bitter against them and may not give an MF branded combine a fair chance so perhaps thats Agco's reasoning?.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Our local dealer just received 2 Ideal 10T demo combines. Fresh from Italy...Breganze plant. As far as I know they were supposed to run with MacDon headers, but it seems those are a little hard to deliver.

Last season they had a Ideal 8 and Ideal 9 for demos and also a 10T for some days.

Harvest is only 5-6 weeks away, so far got awesome record crops developed this year. Just need some rain to bring it into the finish :)

521 - 531 of 531 Posts