The Combine Forum banner

61 - 80 of 476 Posts

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
That's nothing. You should see the nest of pumps and hoses under the side panel of the flagship Case combine. Both the Case and this machine are simpler than they look. I don't see anything worrisome in that picture.
Could only count 3 myself. Pretty sure a Lexion has around 12 just on that side off the top of my head. A lot of die hard Claas guys swear by belts but I sure as **** do not. I’ll gladly sacrifice some fuel to avoid screwing around with belts.

Still wanna see the rock trap. That’s a bigger deal to me than it is to most Farmers, largely because I own the combines with the worst one in the industry.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
With the fan reverser I can do my whole harvest without the need to stop and clean the radiator. I still check it before the start of the day though and it's has a minimal build up always in the same spot. With a software upgrade the reverser did stop working and I was having the same issues as you having to stop all the time. I'm sure that they have stationary knives now in the chopper. But a 40 year old design should not have any issues.

·
Registered
899 Posts
HTML:
With the fan reverser I can do my whole harvest without the need to stop and clean the radiator. I still check it before the start of the day though and it's has a minimal build up always in the same spot. With a software upgrade the reverser did stop working and I was having the same issues as you having to stop all the time. I'm sure that they have stationary knives now in the chopper. But a 40 year old design should not have any issues.
They have fixed the issues we had, but the support from Agco just wasn't there. Our local dealership was fantastic. they bent over backwards to help us out and gave use a good deal to get out of it after the second year. The straw was so bad that we heavy harrowed things 2-3 times to try and break it up. It was a night mare. It was the lack of interest from the agco guys that turned us off gleaner, and the change ups that were suppose to fit our combine but didn't. It still makes me angry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think Massey customers and dealers need to raise holy **** with AGCO if they even consider not putting Massey decals on the Ideal combine. I had heard of all things they might go with Fendt badging in north america when they are by far the least AGCO brand in north america plus you know 90 percent of the developement of this combine was Massey engineers. If they would risk losing even one combine sale because they wouldnt put on Massey decals then I would say that is horrible business and even though I am a die hard Massey customer I will be long gone. Lets fight for this

·
Registered
431 Posts
If you get grain news there was an article on these combines this past winter, if not check online. They offer three combines a class 7,8 and 9. They've been testing them for 6 YEARS and spent 400 million EUROS in design and testing these things. The 2 big combines offer Mann engines which Volkswagen owns. These engines are offered in the Navistar trucks. The class 7 uses the same engine AGCO uses in there present combines. I was told there will be 6 units running in western Canada as DEMO units. They'll have a soft release in Europe this year, with full production in 2019. They'll be labelled Fendt in Europe and MF in England. North America gets a soft release next year and if things go good production will start in Heston in 2020 or 2021 the latest. Canada will get them labelled as MF Challenger and Fendt. USA gets Challenger and MF, all will be painted that ugly color for now !

·
Registered
38 Posts
The marketing plan has clearly changed. The AGCO reps at the show were adamant that the IDEAL would only be offered as a Fendt through existing Fendt dealers. Given the complete and total absence of Fendt branding on the available brochures, combined with what i could squeeze out of the AGCO reps, and the shock expressed by the Massey dealers, this seems to have been a last minute decision.

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
I think AGCO's dealer specific policy of brands is stupid at best anyway. Have a local AGCO dealer that is top notch but only sells MF tractors/tillage/planters. No contract for any combines or sprayers. Let the dealer offer them all I say, what is it going to hurt? If a MF dealer can sell a Fendt tractor or a Gleaner go for it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The marketing plan has clearly changed. The AGCO reps at the show were adamant that the IDEAL would only be offered as a Fendt through existing Fendt dealers. Given the complete and total absence of Fendt branding on the available brochures, combined with what i could squeeze out of the AGCO reps, and the shock expressed by the Massey dealers, this seems to have been a last minute decision.

Worst part about that if that is true, is the only fendt dealer in MB also happens to be the hardest one to deal with on any of the other agco brands, wonder how they will promote it when they see everything through a Lexion lens.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I think AGCO's dealer specific policy of brands is stupid at best anyway. Have a local AGCO dealer that is top notch but only sells MF tractors/tillage/planters. No contract for any combines or sprayers. Let the dealer offer them all I say, what is it going to hurt? If a MF dealer can sell a Fendt tractor or a Gleaner go for it.
Agco has so few dealers left in this country you should be able to get anything at any dealer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Worst part about that if that is true, is the only fendt dealer in MB also happens to be the hardest one to deal with on any of the other agco brands, wonder how they will promote it when they see everything through a Lexion lens.
I shared my concerns about that with the Agco reps. We purchased several pieces of equipment from the local Fendt dealer, including a few Massey combines, but now they will only talk to us if we want to talk about Lexions. Their parts and service staff are also terrible. We have moved over our business to another Massey store, who have been providing us with excellent support.

When you buy a major piece of equipment like a combine, it has to do the job well, but it also needs great support from the dealer. I'm not saying that only Massey dealers can provide that support, but in our area that is the reality.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I overheard at least five conversations with other people telling the Agco reps that they would be interested in Ideal if it was available at their local Massey store. One guy asked if he would be able to buy if from the Massey dealer in Regina and was told no because they are not a Fendt store.

Another group got very animated telling an AGCO guy that they were interested in the product, but only if they could buy it from their Massey dealer since they refuse to deal with their Fendt dealer. When the AGCO guy said that it would only be available as a Fendt, they got mad and left.

Some of the Agco reps I talked to quietly acknowledged that this branding thing could be revisited in the future, but one guy in particular was adamant. When I explained my concerns to him, he seemed almost insulted, which really pissed me off.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I overheard at least five conversations with other people telling the Agco reps that they would be interested in Ideal if it was available at their local Massey store. One guy asked if he would be able to buy if from the Massey dealer in Regina and was told no because they are not a Fendt store.

Another group got very animated telling an AGCO guy that they were interested in the product, but only if they could buy it from their Massey dealer since they refuse to deal with their Fendt dealer. When the AGCO guy said that it would only be available as a Fendt, they got mad and left.

Some of the Agco reps I talked to quietly acknowledged that this branding thing could be revisited in the future, but one guy in particular was adamant. When I explained my concerns to him, he seemed almost insulted, which really pissed me off.
Oh WOW.
They think at AGCO they are going to sell any more new combines to their existing MF combine customer base???
How with that attitude??
I think they just signed their own death certificate

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oh WOW.
They think at AGCO they are going to sell any more new combines to their existing MF combine customer base???
How with that attitude??
I think they just signed their own death certificate
I sincerely hope not. We love our current Massey and we really like our dealer. We will probably get another red one within a year or so.

The Ideal machine looks very impressive. Thoroughly modern and completely new. I am anxious to see how it will work in our conditions, but I'm sure it will take a couple years to get it working well in all crops.

I just hope by the time we would be ready to buy the Ideal that it will either be available as a Massey, or that Agco will allow our Massey dealer to have a Fendt franchise.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
This is all likely just combine politics. It's logical that Fendt's will only be marketed at Fendt dealers, and so far their only crowing about the model year 2019.

That way if there are some early issues they can just blame it all on the Italians. Meanwhile the propaganda will get the problems all ironed out with new production of Challenger and Massey Ideal versions coming out of Kansas and they won't be priced in euro's.

When I see chrome green or yellow pickup trucks parked in farmers driveways, I'll entertain the idea that charcoal is an ugly colour. Even the dealerships that sell those brands have a fleet of white trucks for a reason. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,054 Posts

This thing should be available at any AGCO store providing they can support it, badged however the customer chooses. That should get the existing MF guys to eventually cross over.

There is however basically zero MF combines running in Manitoba relative to other brands, so it means converting red and green owners(which Claas is having a field day with if they can do a demo). Good to see AgWest will have a demo unit this fall. Would be interesting to see it next to the 780 but I expect they will be chasing the low-hanging fruit first.

Maybe thread title should be changed to "The Big Fendt"???

·
Registered
337 Posts
I predict this machine might succeed but in manitoba it's going to be a tough sell. With a agwest content on pushing the lexion machines and agco seemingly not caring about their franchise selling competitors machines agco needs to step up and give agwest an ultimatum. It wont effect us we have a great gleaner dealer 5 mins away but if agco is serious about this combine in north America they need to change their business plan.

61 - 80 of 476 Posts