The Combine Forum banner

The Deed is done

4K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  pureel 
#1 ·
Well it is official we have traded our 2588 combine 1010 and 1020 header for a 7088 and a 35 MacDon FD-70. Would have bought a Case IH 2162 header but the price saving to a MacDon was quite substantial. All I can say is I hope this new combine will perform like the 2588 did we put on 1000 rotor ours and had virtually no trouble with it. We traded simply because the difference per separator hour was very reasonable.
We did get several options but here are the ones you guys talked us into. And talked us out of

Now thanks to input from all you guys on the forum options we got.

Field Tracker
Electric Hopper Cover
In cab sieve adjustments
Trailer hitch

Options we did not get
HID lighting (It was suggested to get after market)
Air compressor (It was suggested to buy your own a lot cheaper)
Under shield lighting

On the header we got the slow speed transport on it but have also bought a new header trailer.

Once again thanks for the advice and emails with answers to all our questions.

See less See more
#3 ·
Ah ha, I knew those CIH's were junk!

A Lexion can be run with the hopper extensions in any position, even closed you can harvest a couple of tonnes.
Found that one out accidentally too, couldn't figure out how the full bin (with no 70% warning) came on so soon.

Don

#9 ·
Congradulations! Hopefully the new combine makes you a lot of money and few breakdowns. a coworker friend of mine bought a 2588 last summer and I rode around with him and man that is a nice combine. I hear the 7088's are even better yet. I'm sure that 7088 would run circles around our 2166.
Btw hey farmertony why you mentioning under shield lighting being a must. According to you your CIH equipment is bulletproof. Why do you need that extra lighting if you and I'm sure your not anyway be under the side panels of your CIH working on it? Oh let me guess you use it for the cool lighting effect at night in your cool youtube videos?. (Sarcastic)

#10 ·
haha.... i wish we had it...i hate grabbing that stupid light and then trying to find where to plug the d**n thing into... the old way was really nice...

your adding more weight to the draper is why i say not too... it would make for safer transporting...... and would be nice for just that reason... I just say no cause of weight....and im not sure how easy they are to do.....last i checked i wasn't very simple...maybe its better now..

#12 ·
I'm not sure if it's been updated or not, but it's kind of a pain to use on our 973. When we first got the header we dragged it out to the field on the transport wheels, then just left it hooked to the combine for the rest of harvest. It's much faster for us to just not bother with it. The only other times we've used it are for storage or once to back it into the shop so we could work on it.

#13 ·
Ah ha, I knew those CIH's were junk!

A Lexion can be run with the hopper extensions in any position, even closed you can harvest a couple of tonnes.
Found that one out accidentally too, couldn't figure out how the full bin (with no 70% warning) came on so soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do you hate The CIH brand so much DON??? We don't go bad mouthing the lexion brand. Or any outher as far as that gos. All farmers like all kinds of brands. Stop the color bashing please. I like the AFX Combines and the New Holland tractors. I think that they make a good team. We all know you like lexion, they too are a good combine.

#15 ·
I don't hate CIH.
I was just trying to bug farmertony as he had posted that warning about the power extensions.
I don't believe I have intensionally started or took part in any color war and if so was just a joking matter.
I like my Lexion eh?
That will be news to a few here.

Don

#16 ·
I don't hate CIH.
I was just trying to bug farmertony as he had posted that warning about the power extensions.
I don't believe I have intensionally started or took part in any color war and if so was just a joking matter.
I like my Lexion eh?
That will be news to a few here.

Don A thousand pardons sir, I did not under stand the statement and should have read more into it. After going back, I understand.
I take it this is not the first time you have been sarcastic? LOL...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.