The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
I hate to argue with you FJ, but parts are not ALWAYS free from John Deere through the PIP program. In fact I would use the word "rarely". There is no doubt that you always get free parts but you obviously live in a world of 30 min service calls, phone numbers of the right people in the Deere organization, friends that work at the factory, you live close to the factory and you buy a new combine every year. I live in Canada, SK, were all the good mechanics work in the oil patch and the machinery dealers get the leftovers but still charge oil patch prices.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
OTE=offroadnt;1656434]A zillion PIPs? This is why I like New Holland combines, they build them right to start with :D.[/QUOTE]

No. :). They just have a lucky saving grace of the twin rotors. Defiantly could use another cleaning system in them...

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
The Massey...... forget ill keep my mouth shut!!!
Hey, didn't that do awesome.... Oh sorry I mistaken, thought you a case IH there... ;). . (meaning if you have had a case it would have been awesome..)
I hope you did get your point across to the dealership of the past.

I kid, I really think the dealer support was lacking.. Some of the troubles you had could have been avoided had they know more also

·
Registered
778 Posts
From my 10 years at Deere (ending in '06) I would have to agree with FJ that PIPs generally covered all of the cost of an upgrade, or at least the parts. Machines would often come in the shop that were several years old and we would run the SN just to check if it was applicable for any PIPs and just do them. If a dealer is telling you there is no help from Deere I smell a rat.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
With regards to the "Sieve Extension" Deere did exactly the same thing when they lengthened the chaffer in the Titan II machines.

We removed the bolts from the top of the fan housing, lowered it and put a
strip if 1-1/2 wood across to lower it.

Deflected more of the wind blast to the back of the chaffer, worked great.

MS

·
Premium Member
5,233 Posts
This thread reminds me of a few of the binders full of machine updates and such that came along in boxes of service manuals I bought at the sale when First Equipment, the Case IH dealer in Ft Sask went broke.

Covered everything, tractors, combines, balers, everything what was in those binders....and on so many of them very clearly stated about how they were NOT to advise the customer about those updates...only repair as necessary if failure occurred on warranty.

I was surprised that Case allowed all that information to end up in the sale, but then there was a lot of stuff that really shouldn't have been. Even all the credit apps and everything pertaining to everyone's charge accounts were in one box. Out of respect I burnt all of those, but the ones about the warranty and such, still in the CaseIH binders sitting on a shelf, they make for interesting reading;)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.