The Combine Forum banner

The last pics of the 9600, all cleaned up.

5K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  silverhusker 
#1 ·
So yesterday was the last day that our farm will ever see the 9600, turns out it was a '94 model and had 1700sep. hours...which is pretty low for any maximizer.

anyway, here's the pics of 'er all cleaned up when we we're charging the batteries so we could get it to the dealer.

Sad to see 'er go, but only until the STS gets delivered

See less See more
#2 ·
thank you benny, i know it's not perfect, but i invest alot of time reading up on products to bring that shine out better and keep it longer, and alot of energy polishing. I'm doing a little writeup of basic and advanced ideas, tricks, and techniques i do to hopefully, help members here get a shine on their machines they can look at and just be speechless. Ag equipment is mostly powdercoated, so it's different than just detailing a car in your driveway.

Manitoba: we're going to an '01 9650STS

#5 ·
Must be a Western thing, Benny. It's the same here. Everyone looks at me like I'm nuts when I tell them I shined up the 2388 last winter.

To me it's like waxing your car and driving down a dirt road right after. But that's me.

I envy the way they look when there that clean though.

#10 ·
I d#n near cried to see these go, but they are on the block now. The 1992 (5300 hrs) model we bought slightly used, but the 1989 was all our hours (5800).

The 1989 was the first Maximizer in the state of Wisconsin (as far as our research shows, and was delivered to Powertown Implement of Janesville, WI for demonstration. We has a hydro blow on a 7720 yellow top, and we bit the bullet and bought it from the circuit.

Coming off of 1988 drought, was not a good purchase, probably a bit of ego that i am not proud of. Without saying, we got our money's worth in the past 19 years.

I spent what would amount add up to months, running and maintaining these two machines. I cannot believe the emotion i had for these things.

They were nice and shiny, but we ran our crop of wheat through them at no discount from their trade in quote. Went 2 for one on a 9760, hope it rains.

http://www.machinefinder.com/mdp_equipme....9278484.1265719

#11 ·
pretty much lol, each tractor spends a solid week in the shop/wash bay getting washed/polished/waxed and regular maintenence. I refuse to work on equipment thats dirty so i spend the first 2days getting dirt, stalks, etc out of the machines. During the summer we basically just have a chance to slow down and fix everything correctly for next spring/fall and get things neat and tidy. That way when november comes, i can be happy with just giving it a good power washing and leave it in the shed for 4 months.

Dragon: I'm starting our 9300-4WD in a couple of days so i'll make a little writeup for you guys who do it all by hand and for those who have buffers. You learn to be pretty efficient doing equipment after about your fifth time, first time i did our 4640 it took me about 4 days...after it looks good, keeping it looking good is the easy part. I also volunteer my services to the FFA auction our local school has since i was a member and i think it's a good program.

#12 ·
ebertfarm
Great looking combine and that is how everybody should take care of them and anything.
If you take care for your equipment it will bring more on trade, taking care is cleaning, fixing, maintenance and many other things, this helps the trade price also even if they get dirty it's great to run with a it cleaned up.
Yes some do not have time or is it not take time to do this, ever little thing can make it worth more.

#14 ·
Must be a Western thing, Benny. It's the same here. Everyone looks at me like I'm nuts when I tell them I shined up the 2388 last winter.

Down here we allways shine up our equiptment before harvest. Just makes them look somwhat new and that looks good. Good luck with your 9650 I hope your 9600 Finds a good home !!

Zac Ward

#16 ·
nar, we weren't the original owners and im not sure how the previous owner took care of it. I don't touch decals because i don't want to rip them, i'll usually just go over them with with a wet rag and follow with a dry rag.

Jacob, give me a couple of days or so to get all the spring stuff unhooked in the sheds and i'll post some of our 9300 after i get done with it next week. In the meantime, here's our 1982 Deere 4640 and graincart after it got all washed and cleaned. Soon after it was covered in dust and trash from being in the field.

#18 ·
Ebert, I know all about your fabulous finish and detail on tractors. As for this huge a surface, you really outdid yourself.

I still figured you were going to keep the Maximizer around for another season or two, still. Some lucky person will be the one to get this treasure.

#19 ·
we we're gonna keep the maximizer around for awhile longer, then my dad was like "these things are slowly becoming 7720's (meaning the trade-in value is slowly diminishing) and with the all-time high demand for used farm equipment, he decided it was time to see her go.

i can't really take all the responsibility for it being perfectly clean, we had a local auction co. clean it initially when it was in for some work, and from there i was left with a rediculously clean surface to start with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.