The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious what the trust level is in Deere on this thing. We all know that Deere intends it to be a bigger machine and a next generation offering. Would you allow them to drop it in your yard and haul off your current machine (or your current biggest/best machine for those of you who have multiples)?

You keep your current payment if you have one, this is not about getting a $500k machine in place of your current $200k one. This is about if you trust it to run your harvest in place of what you have right now.

·
Registered
585 Posts
wouldn't buy any machine with rethreshers on it, and i am hearing that this new machine has them so that is a big fat no! lol IMO rethreshers are going backwards...it's old technology. Have two 60 series deeres and not impressed with them either so guess next combines won't be deere.

·
Registered
648 Posts
We run 60 series Deere's also. We're not happy with the quality or RDO's service. Next machine will be a lexion.

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Unless they totally redesign the machine to get us the separating capacity that is needed to harvest crops with a lot of material.....my answer is no. Also....read what markat425 said.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
I was trying to find a post on the New Deere Headers, posted over a year ago, the only info was a picture,
and that was going to be the best header ever was the basic post.
I almost smartassed it at the time but changed my mind.

I don't know what came over me.

Don

·
Registered
293 Posts
Well, I don't like buying machinery the first year, but with it being the same payment and having my dealer 3 miles away, i think i could deal with having to have that machine.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
i would trade both of my 9870 deeres for anything that would run and stay together My 09 9870 has lost 14 days this year due to reoccuring problems with hydrolic system. I have traded for two more but have many reservations. i did get 6 R series tractors and will take delivery next month along with 2 4830 sprayers. I am loyal to Deere but I did pur one Case tractor earlier this year and will get another 305 next week

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
What were the other 4 machines?
Lexion 590R?
CIH 9120?
NH Cr 9090?
MF 9895?
Not likely.
When you run a proto against your own junk you only prove it's better than your own junk.
(Junk just being used as a generic term here hot heads
)
As to the operator I'm afraid you didn't help your case.
Not a Deere employee, doesn't own a combine, OH goody, I get to run a new machine, this should be fun.

What would you expect him to say?

Don

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
My sign on my be JD-Boy and I have run a lot of JD combines and tractors, but when it comes to combines Claas Lexion 600 is the machine they are all trying to do better than. when you see that machine working in Europe with a 40 foot header in 165/acre bushal wheat, then you stand back, and go, "Mother of all Combines"

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Quote:but when it comes to combines Claas Lexion 600 is the machine they are all trying to do better than. when you see that machine working in Europe with a 40 foot header in 165/acre bushal wheat, then you stand back, and go, "Mother of all Combines"

if i saw 165 bushel wheat let alone cut it, i could probably think of a few more colorful terms....

·
Registered
620 Posts
Lets just say the first of anything new; major or minor redesign, can be an experience.
New JD combine would have to be guaranteed to give a better sample in corn than current 70 series before any switch would occur. Which would mean running both side-by-side in the same field on the same day, same party grades the sample out of each.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts