The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are just a few pictures of the new Gleaner prototype I found on the internet...
It is the big one...

·
Registered
293 Posts
You think that's the new R86? I don't know if it's perceived in my mind or not but it looks to be bigger than the R75 sitting next to it. It appears to maybe have a bigger unloader a little more bin extension and the body just looks bigger in general. Looks to have some sort of air scoop now on the hood. Supposedly one running how the harvest run so maybe.

What could be even more interesting is that big draper on it. We run a 5100 draper and that is definitely different. Maybe one of the new pilot flex drapers?

G

·
i was wondering how long it would take for someone to post some pictures of this machine. It does look a little bigger physically. it will be interesting to see the specs on it.

It is good to see that Agco is putting money into developing or at least modernizing the R series.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Interesting to see it has no wheels on the header, they must have a good contour system like Claas to keep that level, I would also say thats 40ft and that brings another question, one piece reel, unlike class who use 2 short reels on their 35 and 40 foot headers, along with some other companys.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
. I'm pretty sure that the combine to the right is an R76... That is what the guy that took the pictures said...

·
Registered
379 Posts
I don't think it looks any bigger physically other than maybe tires and augur diameter, but the air scoop or hood extension is definately different. If it is a prototype depending on how far along it is they may be wanting too keep it looking as much like the R 76 as possible which they have done, my guess is when it officially comes out it will have some body resyling, maybe not to the extent of the A 85 but some line changes etc would give it a "newer" appearance. I will say they do make a good machine and have been improving it over the years but it's body pannels are begining to look like they could use some updating, at the farm show this summer the new R series did not look as new as the others simply due to the fact it does not look much different than a 1992 model. ( I think that is when the R 52/62/72 came out) I hope we can see and hear some more. On another note maybe the price will be a little less than others if it is not a completely new design all the way around, may be wishful thinking.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I don't know that it really looks bigger. I think the big head makes it look bigger along with the bigger tires. Also the auger looks bigger, but my guess is that the 76 just has the standard 12 inch swivel and the other has the bigger 14 inch with 4 bu/sec unload like you can get now on the R-6 series. If you really look at the two the body of the supposed class 8 doesn't look bigger. Although the new scoop on the back probably does hint at something.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gossen Harvesting is running it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Suppose to set on the same frame as a 76, the unloader on the 75s and 76s are 14 inch in diameter (standard equip 2003) in 2009 they added length to the unloader as standard equipment. The rotor is bigger in diameter and just this year I believe they had to make the accelerator rolls bigger around to move the extra material through. There has been considerable changes in the chopper area and spreader area for residue managment. This is the new flex draper 40' which is now released and will begin building after Jan 1. Right now they are available at 30, 35, and 40 feet. They way I understand it not much restyling, the hood area will have more slope to it,, but thats about it. (Keeps the cost down) No its not a Cat motor, it is a AGCO Sisu motor like what is in the tractors, There is also at least one more machin like this, it could possibly be running the new 7 cylinder AGCO motor which I hear has been very impressive (capable of 500 horse while burning what the class 8 machines bur in fuel know and probably a little less when set at the same horsepower.) From what I was told the r-76 sitting next to it with a 30 foot head on it will not cut any where close to it. I hear 30-40% more.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'm ready to get my hands on one!!

From what I have heard this summer and from last falls testing, it'll be everything we want and more. The platform is expandable to 50 feet I was told by a very knowledgable Agco man..

1 - 20 of 189 Posts