The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Where is the 16 row corn head?

Probably the same place my 3408 head is at....no where. I think Case forgot that China is shut down for the games.

Should have got the Drago.....

Can't be the big bull with out 16 row head.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is Case saying that yours won't be delivered for corn this year also? On the plus side the head in the picture is a 12 row chopping.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Ooh! I like it.

And you're right, Sam, but the optional tracks offered back in the day were steel, and who would want to road a machine on that? I imagine steel tracks weren't as gentle to fields, either. I don't think tracked combines will ever be a big seller where I'm from, but we don't harvest in the mud. It looks like a good system for you guys that need it, though.

edit: I just noticed the European-style augers on the outside of the corn head. Neat.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that Case did it for weight distribution and to minimize compaction. Think about how much weight that is with a 16 row head out front.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm waiting for my 3412 also. I'm getting no love from anyone at our dealership either. They just look at the computer and say it is scheduled to be made September 4th. I'm not sure what I want them to do, but geez, they could make it earlier. I'm guessing, like everything else, they won't get it done.

I tried to order a 16 row head and pretty much got no response.
We ran a custom made 14 row head on a 2388 for 7 years and it was the older style heaveir head. It would weigh the same as a new style 16 row head. Sure, you had to add weights to the back but it wasn't too bad.

This new series of combines is going to be much better than the old series. I can tell from the pictures. The ladder is a major improvement. The panels are fitting better and rotary screen is much improved. Time will tell if these big red machines can hold up.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well don't get mad at your dealership. We have had some on order since December and they are talking sometime in November. Our corn season usually runs from end of September thru end of November. We have spent the last three weeks on the phone trying to get them sooner but it doesn't look like it is going to help any. And unless you ordered a 9120 you pretty much would not get a 16 row this year.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Boy has this thread gotten way off topic. Back to the original post. I think that the engine in this thing is one of the largest I have ever seen minus some special engines (tug boat or mine trucks etc).

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When we where at the show we got to talk to one of the case reps about the performance of the test mule 9120 last year and it was doing 5800 bu/hr. with a 16 row head. It took seven semi's and two 1000 bu carts to keep it away. They also had a 12 row chopping head on it and said it was a perfect match, you could really move and still have some horse power to spare. At 5800 bu/hr I think that would pretty much run any ones elevator and trucks to the max.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts