The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
That's definitely getting better. But will it ever get close to where it was before? I paid $550 just after christmas 2020. Inflation precludes it ever getting back to that, but hopefully it gets lower than $700. Three years ago I believe I got some at $355.

Have you noticed that everything you buy in the grocery store is now smaller but costs more? The amount of straight-up profiteering going on these last 18 months is disgusting.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have felt all spring the retailers over played their hand on this one, they got greedy too. We went from, "we might not be able to sell you any", to " to we will sell it to you at that the December pre-paid price" during seeding. I personally think the rate cut back back was far bigger then anyone is willing to admit and now there are "extra" tones in the system so to speak.

·
Registered
899 Posts
It’s like everything else. If you have storage and buy at the right time ( whatever that time is ) it will pay big time. Why do we build bins? Should we just sell everything of the field Or hold on?
Each to their own.
A built has to be certified every five years which is the same cost as if you have to pay a monthly charge for gas metre.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Do you think so? Retails seem to keep dropping nh3 blaming all the rules and regs and the cost to maintain them? Maybe that is B.S?
I used to (way back when) work for a company that made the new tanks. Every once in a while we would get a tank in from retail for repairs and inspection. One set of tanks, 3 or 4 in total, had pressure release valves that were due to be replaced almost 3 times before the tanks were brought in. So I don't think the retailers are that concerned about the rules and regulations.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts