The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That cover plate on the rotor cage on the left side we you open the door, leave it in or take it out? Nobody around here seems to know. We are doing just HRSW and canola now. I took them out of the S77 and S88 - not sure what the purpose and no one can give me a straight answer.
I removed it thinking it would reduce rotor loss - which I believe it did. But checking things this morning after going back to canola that area was plugged full of straw when we opened the door.
If I knew the exact purpose of the cover plate it would be a good place to start.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I would be thinking it is there to stop the cage build up issues they have had. It would help keep mog in the rotor and out discharge in Canola so I think you have been spot on. I will be trying mine without it in cereals too. I have an impeller in mine so I'm interested to see if is better than the chopper. I have a small chopper on hand as backup plan B.
Was the 88 blocked as well? there are some minor changes in the 8's

·
Registered
283 Posts
That cover plate on the rotor cage on the left side we you open the door, leave it in or take it out? Nobody around here seems to know. We are doing just HRSW and canola now. I took them out of the S77 and S88 - not sure what the purpose and no one can give me a straight answer.
I removed it thinking it would reduce rotor loss - which I believe it did. But checking things this morning after going back to canola that area was plugged full of straw when we opened the door.
If I knew the exact purpose of the cover plate it would be a good place to start.
I took mine out for corn, spring wheat and soybeans and never had issues with build up. Agco told me originally it was never necessary for corn but some stem crops need it. I also removed the helicals over that removable grate in the same section for corn and left them out.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
We remove them because they are there for outside cage plugging. We never have had plugging likely due to never having reverse bars and most every machine has sweeps to prevent excess material from getting out of cage

1 - 4 of 4 Posts