The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I sailed thru bean harvest not one issue with my 585 not even a squeak. Switch back to corn yesterday switch machine, blow it off,get it warm and grease it like always.
About 30 acres into shelling the elevator alarms go off and the main drive alarm as well but I never lost cylinder speed.I get out and look to find the belt that drives the shoe and the belt for the header hydraulic pump so loose they where about to fall off.
Tightened em up same thing get back out look at belts loose again ,but under no load things are fine and I can't wiggle the pulley.
It was dark and I'm going to look further this morning but im really kinda stumped it has been running like a champ for the last thousand acres. Anything I need to know about taking off the header clutch?

·
Premium Member
6,165 Posts
For the header clutch do not twke the bolts of with the spring washers. It gets you no where. If I remember right I think you push it off with pusher bolts. We took so many things off this year I would have to look at it again to be sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.