The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are in the process of replacing the cylinder with a sunnybrook and putting on a sunnybrook impeller wear kit on our 590r. Do you think it is worth the effort and money to put in the impeller flow kit? I am torn whether we should do it while everything is out. Is there any down sides or any benefits to it? It seems like everything I have heard is a mixed review. Does anyone have any experience using these flow kits and thoughts whether you think it was worth it to install one? Thanks for any thoughts or comments. SouthernSK

·
Registered
707 Posts
If your harvesting ropey green material it's a must have, my Lexion runs a lot smoother in these types of crops, I installed the flow kit and the wear kit before last summer harvest, our crops were not overly brilliant and not a great test for it but I do believe it was a big improvement no slugging what so ever ;)

·
Premium Member
6,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We will be doing some soybeans this year. I have no experience with soybeans but think with our short season there is a possibility they could be green at harvest. Does anyone know how much the kit costs and how much time it takes to put in?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I had the kit installed last winter, and I think it was around $1300 for the kit itself. I had a bunch of new parts installed, so I don't know how long it would take for just the kit. However, my guess it would be fairly easy to install it since you will already have the cylinder out. For me, it would be a simple decision to install it. If you have ever had any issues in green weeds like I have, the kit will solve them. It doesn't make your machine plug-proof, but it should almost eliminate any impeller problems. Any Lexion I have in the future will have the kit.

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
I posted this last year, the "problem 590r" I'll call it got the wear kit and flow kit and that thing got plugged up twice again by the "problem operator" in green stuff. We haven't gone through the combines yet but one just plain has more throughput and is reflected by the acres per hour average even. We'll try and get to the bottom of what is different.

·
Registered
982 Posts
From all the reading i have done the wear kits are very beneficial and just plain make sense... Why not protect an expensive hard to replace wearing part with cheaper easy to replace ones?? However i ran into a problem. I ordered an impeller wear kit (from cat) for my 585r but is the pieces dont match the impeller and the holes dont line up? There are bolt holes in the straight part of the impeller but no holes in the centre or side to install wear parts there where the crop is divided. My combine is the 576 series and from what ive now read on here there are no kits for this impeller and it needs to be changed? Is that correct?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Sts,
I guess Claas has made some different configurations of the impeller. Sunnybrook, HHS, Claas, and maybe others make an impeller wear kit, but suspect all of them require holes for mounting. If you don't have holes on the curved, flighting portion, I would drill/torch them before buying a new impeller.

The flow kit consists of four pieces, front to back...
a more aggressive "V" on the back of concave to split material
a different "nose" between rotors
Two modified rotor bearing mounting plates

·
Registered
982 Posts
Sts,
I guess Claas has made some different configurations of the impeller. Sunnybrook, HHS, Claas, and maybe others make an impeller wear kit, but suspect all of them require holes for mounting. If you don't have holes on the curved, flighting portion, I would drill/torch them before buying a new impeller.
I would most definately drill holes before replacing the whole impeller were it not for the fact that the wear strips do not come close to fitting the configuration of the impeller... :confused:

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
If you have it apart just put it in. I hate unplugging the impeller, especially in soybeans, it's a nightmare. It probably won't make a difference in the beans this year but in future years when the beans get tall and the stems stay green they are worth it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.