The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Machine Vehicle Metal

Another winter project. Two I beams welded together and played with a shaft for the TPL .

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tree roots mostly... Was a delving tine before

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a little bit to long. I may fit a hydraulic ram to push it further in and some suitcase weights to help it penetrate.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have given some thought to that. It was originally a tine for delving subsoil clay so the flat point was designed in as a ramp for the clay. In my sandy soils it mostly goes in in one pass but the roots cause it to float out so I come back along the line at full depth. A forward facing ripper points main problem would be serviceability as I could not insert the tine in its holder. I don't see it as a limitation at the moment.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have done some tree root ripping already. I think ideally I would have duals on the back. I will definitely remove the drawbar completely as roots gather around the front of the tine. I can achieve full depth in two passes on tree roots no problem. I have not figured out how deep that is but the tine when fully raised is only a few inches above the ground so it pretty much goes in whatever depth the TPL travels.

The crane on the forklift is just as you see it. It actually came with a loader I bought. Just a piece of rhs with two universal beams welded on the bottom and slotted for the forks to slide inside them. The lift end is just two holes drilled in the rhs and a pin for a chain. Simple really. Make it in a couple of hours if you wanted I reckon.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Green Vehicle Tree Plant Forest

Ripper at work first run

1 - 9 of 9 Posts