The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time reader, first time poster! We have run John deere 9600, challenger 670, lexion 485 and for the last two years a 2388. We have cut more than 12000 ac. of irrigated corn, wheat and sunflowers with it. I have no issues with the 2388, but I need something bigger and with a better seat. Right now I´m leaning towards an 8010 with less than 700 hrs. on it. I would like some help knowing the strength and the weaknesses of this machine. What is going to have to be replaced at 700 hrs? What type of fuel economy I can expect and anything else you would think useful.

Thanks,
Chuck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are looking for 06 or newer. We had been leasing for the last 10 years, until we bought the 2388. The 2388 is a '98 with 3100 separator hours on it, valued around 45-50000. My problem with the new one is just the amount of new debt I would have to take on. I guess leasing for 10 years was nice, no break down exposer and driving new machines, but I didn't have any equity in any equipment to help with the sticker shock.

Chuck

·
Registered
235 Posts
I would have to say that you are on the right track, you can trade your 2388 in on a used 8010 and I personally think currently that is the best trading going red for red. You can get into the used 8010 for less money then a used 2588 just for the fact that they still have people leary of a new style machine. It is no different then any other machine they will all have problems and breakdowns one just has to get thru them and go thru the learning curve of something different. You will be so impressed with the capacity and the clean sample that you will ask yourself why you didnt trade sooner. Just my thoughts but I think you looking in the right direction...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts