The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Interesting, I had heard a couple of years ago they were working on a smaller FWA. Any idea if they are going to be made in the Winnipeg plant, or are they a russian brand with different clothes?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I think I heard somewhere versatile was making the larger HP tractors for Kubota.... the pic may be Kubota's future!

·
Registered
999 Posts
Got this off Instagram from Mike Less a Versatile rep.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuJQHzYg0KN/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

farmhandmike
New lineup of Versatile tractors. 170-250 horsepower. Powered by a Cummins 6.7 L engine with and a choice of a CVT or a electronic synchronized powershift transmission. Front 3 point and PTO also available. Designed all by Versatile and built at the plant in Winnipeg. We introduced these to the dealers last night in Scottsdale Arizona.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I like the idea of the 6.7 cummins.... I wonder how alike they are to the automotive version??
DEF??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Will be built in Winnipeg, Cabs to come from same supplier as genesis built in Minnesota initially. Will be using ZF Transaxle mated to Cummins. Story has it, Kubota will be getting same tractor from same assembly line.

·
Registered
416 Posts
This is an already crowded market segment with some top offerings from other brands. Four players have moved into or are going to be in this hp range in the last 2 years, Claas, McCormick, Versatile and Kubota. It makes a guy wonder if Versatile can pull this hp range off with so many of their dealers selling other makes already? However, I wish them well. My only comment would be that it is not an ugly tractor but its hardly a good looking one either.

·
Registered
180 Posts
This is an already crowded market segment with some top offerings from other brands. Four players have moved into or are going to be in this hp range in the last 2 years, Claas, McCormick, Versatile and Kubota. It makes a guy wonder if Versatile can pull this hp range off with so many of their dealers selling other makes already? However, I wish them well. My only comment would be that it is not an ugly tractor but its hardly a good looking one either.
Maybe things are different up there but the only ones I really see(small wise) is Kubota and if there is a McCormick dealer near by that pushes them, them. Versatile has a name unlike the others (at least in my area) so that should mean something

It is ugly...but this is coming from a guy that likes the square styling of the past

·
Registered
472 Posts
I think I heard somewhere versatile was making the larger HP tractors for Kubota.... the pic may be Kubota's future!

they sure look like the M7! (those are made in France are they not?)

would be surprised if Kubota would use a cummins engine? theirs have a pretty good track record of their own.

Kubota / Kvernland make a large sprayer in Europe with similar appearce to the Agrifac. a little surprised the haven't tried marketing it here if they are really serious about selling a full line of equip.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Interesting, I had heard a couple of years ago they were working on a smaller FWA. Any idea if they are going to be made in the Winnipeg plant, or are they a russian brand with different clothes?
Much more North American/European engineered and built than current Case magnum. No China Diesel in this beautiful new Versatile (like Case/New Holland uses)!

·
Registered
983 Posts
6.7 seems a bit small for this job... think the boxcar magnums and 8000 deeres ran 8.3s but I guess more hp form less cubes seems to be the thing. John deere D was 30 hp and 501 CID....

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Wonder if versatile is throwing as many darts at a dart board as possible? They have a smaller manufacturing place in Fargo that seems to always have random new pieces from versatile show up. Anything from self propelled sprayers, combines, grain carts... they’ll have anywhere from 1-4 of each item, like they are a small hub for shipping demo units.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Assuming that the info is true that Versatile will build these for Kubota, they would probably use a Kubota engine for them, and use the Cummins only in the Versatiles.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Wonder if versatile is throwing as many darts at a dart board as possible? They have a smaller manufacturing place in Fargo that seems to always have random new pieces from versatile show up. Anything from self propelled sprayers, combines, grain carts... they’ll have anywhere from 1-4 of each item, like they are a small hub for shipping demo units.

Thoughts?
The Fargo plant is their "test" plant of what I've figgured or their overflow plant.

Also it seems that all or most prototypes come out of there, with the best known one being Big Roy.(got to see it when it was new, before the public really knew about it)

My 825 was made there also. When I asked why in Fargo it was just a "well it was popular here and..." I think it was a idea to expand but the market went down so it never really took off.

As for throwing darts at everything, I mean why not? There hasn't really been anything terrible from them ever and their previous smaller tractors were popular, so if they have to make them for someone else, why not make them for yourself too?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Versatile is merely re-entering a market they had to abandon several years ago when the emissions standards started playing havoc with their profitability. I'm not sure if labeling their new series as the "Nemisis" series is the best choice of name; - rhythms with "Genesis" I guess! :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts