The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, wondering if anybody has any tips for cleaning algae out of sprayer filters. Our water currently runs through filters 3 times before it even hits the sprayer which has another set of filters. Even with that, still have trouble with tips clogging. Issue is with how to clean the filters effectively, as the fine filters clog with algae and no amount of brushing, air, water, etc seems to get them clean.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Bleach and a pressure washer do a good job of cleaning alge out of a sprayer filter. Turn the pressure down a bit, (or a lot depending on your pressure washer) CLR makes them look like brand new.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I found that I carry an extra filter with me. Just take the one out that is plugged and put the other in , let the filter dry and brush off with bristle brush. Cleans easy this way, did this with tip screens also!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
not sure about your water sourse but were we get water out of a gravel pit i treat the water hole with copper sulfite when it starts to get slimmy to get rid of algae works good
Sorry to hijack but we have been trying to find a place to buy copper sulfate. For our dugout. Where do u get it

·
Registered
977 Posts
Should be able to get copper sulphate at a feed supply store . That is where we get ours .

For sprayer screens with algae we use a mix of 25% chlorine and 75% water and let them soak in it for 10 or 15 mins .

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I think I will try the CLR. Source is a dugout that has a windmill doing minimal aeration on the water, and we do also treat the water, but could probably benefit from treating it more as it is a fairly large dugout.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.