The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am about to tie into a flax crop with my 2002 9650STS ( no bullet ) and I have heard lots of stories about how hard it will be to prevent the flax from going over and at the same time get the flax out of the balls. Wondering if anyone has had any experiences in harvesting flax with an STS and if they have any tips for me on settings to prevent this.

Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Re: Tips for harvesting flax with STS ( no bullet

The 08 flax crop was a bit of a challenge with my 9770.As far as the job of thrashing, It was great ( But with a Bullet ). My problem was Seperating ! I had to much material droping through the ( fixed open precleaner ) overloading the chaffer then overloading the bottem sieve followed by to much return and we all know what happens then. ( Short term fix was closeing the chaffer down to a 1/4 inch and accept the loss ) ( Long term fix , I ordered an ajustable precleaner from a 9860 & I hope it fits!) The problem is that you have to keep all material suspended coming onto the Chaffer. Good Luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts

9770 -( Rotor at 850-900 rpm ) (concave at 5 ) (Fan at 680-700 ) (Sieve at 4 or3/16 in. ) (Chaffer at 6 or 1/4 in. ) settings on the chaffer should have been (13 or 1/2 in.) I ran my 9600 for 12 years at similar settings but chaffer at 1/2 in. but the precleaner closed tight.Try not to over thrash the Flax and run as little return as possible .

·
Registered
39 Posts

I forgot to mention that I had filler plates on#1,2&5 in the concave and all grate covers out. Also try your fan at 650 rpm first, thats where it should be set if everything is working properly. Good Luck , Let me know how you make out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know how to solve the uneven feeding(constant rumbling) at the feed accelerator on a 9650 STS? I went to a newer
Style of feed acc. and a speed up kit for the discharge beater, and still no improvement. In a 30' swath I can do about 2 - 2.5 mph while our 9610 walker machine does
5 mph.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Does anyone know how to solve the uneven feeding(constant rumbling) at the feed accelerator on a 9650 STS? I went to a newer
Style of feed acc. and a speed up kit for the discharge beater, and still no improvement. In a 30' swath I can do about 2 - 2.5 mph while our 9610 walker machine does
5 mph.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
What do you mean by "newer" style feed accelerator? If it's still a JD then I can understand why it rumbles but if it's a PF Parts then you shouldn't be having trouble.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts