The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got started on flowers this evening, but I'm having trouble getting a clean sample with the 2388. I've got the rotor at 250, fan at 900, and concaves at 7.2. I'm not throwing any out the back. Currently have three large wire concaves, the first grate is a slotted, and the next two grates are solid, as per the manual. In the morning we're going to replace the slotted grate with another solid (we used to run three solids when we first started with flowers). What do you guys think, are we on the right track?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Concaves small, wide, small, solid, solid,solid(oils not confections)
Your running plenty of wind, surprised your not losing any out the back. I usually don't go over 800 rpm.
Could try opening your concave a little more.
Never had a chopper in my 1688, but if the plate is adjustable drop it and it might keep mog from chopper off sieves.
Adjusting rear vanes to fast position will get material out quicker and keep from breaking up stalks as bad.
Just my $.02.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I forgot about the vanes, they're still in slow from milo harvest. Yeah, I'm surprised the losses are as light as they are with that high of a fan speed. I started around 780, then pushed it up a couple times to see if it would help.

We only have about 70 acres. I hope I can finish tomorrow, but we switched to the row crop head. Eight rows at a time seems really slow. I got spoiled taking 13-14 rows of milo with the draper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts