The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon All,

I am repairing my tire machine. The main o-ring ripped that runs the bead breaker on the side of machine. I was able get it apart fine, get the part was no problem, putting it together was no problem. What i cant seem to figure out is what to use to make it slide decent. I can not seem to find anything on the Coats web site. They wont return my emails, calls. it works but the bead breaker is really hard to use. I have tried a few different lubricants that I didn't think would hurt my o-ring. I even tried something that was meant for faucet o-rings. but nothing lasts.

Has anyone ran into this before or have any ideas. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Is it possible that your machine has an oil injector system and you don't realize it ?. I know next to nothing about tire change machines but had gone onto their website and picked a machine to look at the manual and it talks about an oil injector system. See if your model unit is on the website if you don't have a manual and perhaps that may help. It would seem odd that a unit could operate without being lubricated and in fact could be why the o ring had failed as whatever lube was in the system was used up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well both of you your replies just hit me with a DUHH moment!! It is an older machining and it was missing a few things when I got it. But adding oil before each use makes total since. I will pre lube the chamber and see how it feels. THANKS FOR THE IDEA!! Will post results

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Do you happen to know if the air inlet splits off in such a way that the air used for filling the tire is separate from the air cylinder mechanisms so that it would avoid spraying a mist of oil into the tire. If that can be sorted out and install your own stand alone oiler system might be an option. Also a method to produce dryer air for all of your shop air can't hurt as water is a killer to all air tools for sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is a good point. I do have the air hose and boost of air when setting the bead. I will look at how to oil just the cylinders. Yes I have a dryer right before the tire machine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts