The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help finding the right size of tires for putting duals on my combine. If you could please send me pictures of what you use for duals, that would be a HUGE help! I have also been wondering if anyone has duals with 24.5x32 bias tires? If so, please tell me how you like them. I am needing this help because we harvest on very steep hills and we need lots of stability and traction to go up and down and around these hills.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What size tires are you running, Firestone 620/70 R42's or Michelin 620/70 R38's? If you are running the R42's I can set you up with some of the R38's that would be more stable on the hills, tires and rims. We found a difference in HP and fuel consumption also. We could go no where in our area wit the R42 tires.

·
Registered
614 Posts
If you are wanting to put duals on a combine especially to run in hills you had better confirm that you have heavy duty finals on the combine first to save you from a lot of problems down the road.

We run the 24.5 x 32 bias tires on our combines. They are the best setup for the really steep hills. That is why the manufactures of the leveling units for combines use 24.5 x 32 bias tires on the combines because they work the best.

Otherwise if you aren't so extreme all the time the Michelin 620/70R38 tire would work good. It is a great tire until you get into really big hills then you realize the flex of a radial isn't always a good thing. I also know where you can get a great deal on a set of Michelin's complete with rims if that would work for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.