The Combine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My TM 175 won't accelerate over 1100 rpm. This has been a on recurring problem for awhile, but never consistent, but now it is. Talking to my mechanic about the problem, he thinks could be a sensor in the intake manifold or wiring under the cab. Anybody been having the same trouble and found where the problem is. MXM Case are the same tractor I do believe. Thanks

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Pdfs are to large to load here so go to this website and you will find the complete repair manual for TM tractors. Section 55-1 shows inputs/outputs to various controllers including engine controller. 55-9 is full wiring diagram.

http://92.50.156.82/manual/ТРАКТОРА/TM/

I have not had to troubleshoot this kind of issue but as seen in 55-1 around page 24, the hand throttle and foot throttle are seperate inputs to engine controller and i assume you tried both. If you havent and it works ok on the foot throttle then you know it is the potentiometer on hand throttle. Sounds like it is something that should be showing a code.

I heard the fan sensor can be problematic, perhaps that input is going bad forcing a derate.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pdfs are to large to load here so go to this website and you will find the complete repair manual for TM tractors. Section 55-1 shows inputs/outputs to various controllers including engine controller. 55-9 is full wiring diagram.

http://92.50.156.82/manual/ТРАКТОРА/TM/

I have not had to troubleshoot this kind of issue but as seen in 55-1 around page 24, the hand throttle and foot throttle are seperate inputs to engine controller and i assume you tried both. If you havent and it works ok on the foot throttle then you know it is the potentiometer on hand throttle. Sounds like it is something that should be showing a code.

I heard the fan sensor can be problematic, perhaps that input is going bad forcing a derate.
Thanks Kenmb, I'll check it out. Code I get is P32

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Sec 55-10 is alll the fault codes and how to diagnose but looks like engine issue code should begin with 't'. Unfortunately the pdf in my manual showing all inputs to engine controller is corrupt on the lower half of drawing (55-1 around pg 24) so can only make out boost pressure sensor input. You need to look at the manual and figure out how to read older codes and see if something is being flagged for engine as P32 i think is steering sensor issue.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Correct P32 is faulty wheel angle sensor. Would not think that would have a thing to do with your engine issue, but you could unplug it on the right hand front wheel to see. I highly doubt it will make ant difference but I've seen stupider things that do.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sec 55-10 is alll the fault codes and how to diagnose but looks like engine issue code should begin with 't'. Unfortunately the pdf in my manual showing all inputs to engine controller is corrupt on the lower half of drawing (55-1 around pg 24) so can only make out boost pressure sensor input. You need to look at the manual and figure out how to read older codes and see if something is being flagged for engine as P32 i think is steering sensor issue.
Well Ken you out smarted three New Holland mechanics. There never was any discussion about potentiometers with any of the them. After you mentioned a separate one for each throttle I couldn't get to the tractor fast enough to check it out. Sure enough foot throttle works fine, so must be the potentiometer on hand throttle. Priced one through CNH, good thing I was sitting down, $600. Trying to finish up harvest so haven't had time to look and see what other options are out there. Don't know if after market one can be matched with the handle in the TM 175. Thanks a bunch for your input, saved me a lot of time and money. Once again don't know what I would do without this form. What a wealth of knowledge on one site!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Always nice when the first thing that comes to mind is the right answer!

Gratton Coulee Salvage in Alberta has a TM175 they are parting out. I got a few things shipped to me from that unit this season so give them a call and i bet the throttle handle is there. I think they take list price and apply a factor of around 60% just so you know what to expect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I Have a TM175 from 2003, does somebody know where i can get access to the repair manual ?

Best Regards
Raphael

·
Registered
20 Posts
Glad you got it. This reminded me of the salesman that took a used 5240 case tractor out to demo to a guy. Came back in because throttle wouldn't work. Once mechanic removed the logging chain out from underneath the foot throttle pedal all was good. Of course salesman was the hero and made the sale.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts