The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I cannot get my tractor calibrate . I have gone through all the requirements to the point where i am getting the calibration condition but when I press the Hi and Lo buttons to calibrate these clutches I am not getting any readings What must i do to remedy this situation. I am not getting no error codes

·
Registered
278 Posts
Are you getting any error codes? Is the oil warm enough? It has to be above a certain temp before it will allow calibration - had one that wouldn't calibrate because the temp sender was bad. Also, what transmission?

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
I have a TM150 that I have been having cal troubles with too. Transmission fine, however, MFD stays on all the time. Go into cal mode and MFD goes off, but once cal is complete, mfd comes back on. Throws a P32 code which is wheel angle sensor, so I disconnected that and same problem. Wondering if anyone else has had this? Neighbor has a Case IH doing roughly the same thing, but his is a prototype. I am thinking now it may be in the ecu?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have a TM150 that I have been having cal troubles with too. Transmission fine, however, MFD stays on all the time. Go into cal mode and MFD goes off, but once cal is complete, mfd comes back on. Throws a P32 code which is wheel angle sensor, so I disconnected that and same problem. Wondering if anyone else has had this? Neighbor has a Case IH doing roughly the samthee thing, but his is a prototype. I am thinking now it may be in the ecu?
Are you saying the MFD is actually engaged all the time? Or is the light just on all the time? If it's the latter it could be a faulty pressure switch. That has the soft-key buttons above the rh console correct? Can you switch it between auto and locked and does diff lock work? MFD is spring engaged, hydraulically released and the light is controlled by a pressure switch so no pressure= light on & MFD Engaged. Flow to it is controlled by a solenoid valve- i believe you can swap it with the diff lock one to see if that changes anything. One easy thing to check first- does the park brake light on the dash work properly? Reason being MFD is designed to engage when brakes are applied- I've seen dash light not working and the park brake has not been fully released. Check your fuses, seems backward but because its spring applied it needs power to disengage. I don't think the error code is related. Is everything else operating correctly?

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Are you saying the MFD is actually engaged all the time? Or is the light just on all the time? If it's the latter it could be a faulty pressure switch. That has the soft-key buttons above the rh console correct? Can you switch it between auto and locked and does diff lock work? MFD is spring engaged, hydraulically released and the light is controlled by a pressure switch so no pressure= light on & MFD Engaged. Flow to it is controlled by a solenoid valve- i believe you can swap it with the diff lock one to see if that changes anything. One easy thing to check first- does the park brake light on the dash work properly? Reason being MFD is designed to engage when brakes are applied- I've seen dash light not working and the park brake has not been fully released. Check your fuses, seems backward but because its spring applied it needs power to disengage. I don't think the error code is related. Is everything else operating correctly?
MFD light on dash on all the time and MFD is engaged, light by soft keys does not come on. Cannot switch between auto and locked. Diff keys work perfectly fine. Park brake light does not always come on. In cal mode the light on the dash goes out, and the MFD is definatly disengaged during that procedure. Park brake audible alarm does work even if dash light is not on, so I do know that is fully released.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I cannot get my tractor calibrate . I have gone through all the requirements to the point where i am getting the calibration condition but when I press the Hi and Lo buttons to calibrate these clutches I am not getting any readings What must i do to remedy this situation. I am not getting no error codes
Steve - if your not getting any error codes I'm not sure what could be going on. Which transmission do you have? And are you following the directions right out of the service manual or somewhere else? How long are you holding the button for? There is a delay before it starts and you need to hold it throughout the process.

·
Registered
278 Posts
MFD light on dash on all the time and MFD is engaged, light by soft keys does not come on. Cannot switch between auto and locked. Diff keys work perfectly fine. Park brake light does not always come on. In cal mode the light on the dash goes out, and the MFD is definatly disengaged during that procedure. Park brake audible alarm does work even if dash light is not on, so I do know that is fully released.
Ok just curious how you are sure MFD is disengaging when calibrating? And when did it start doing this. If it is disengaging in cal mode then wiring and solenoid have to be fine and the problem is in the controller or softkeys.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Ok just curious how you are sure MFD is disengaging when calibrating? And when did it start doing this. If it is disengaging in cal mode then wiring and solenoid have to be fine and the problem is in the controller or softkeys.
Bought it used/ as is last march, was doing it on delivery. Know it is disengaged in cal mode because when the cals were not working I spun it around in a couple tight circles and you could tell it was in by the hopping. I was guessing the ecu on the right hand consule may be the problem.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Bought it used/ as is last march, was doing it on delivery. Know it is disengaged in cal mode because when the cals were not working I spun it around in a couple tight circles and you could tell it was in by the hopping. I was guessing the ecu on the right hand consule may be the problem.
Just need a clarification here- you say you know it was disengaged in cal mode because when you spun it around you could tell it was in by the hopping? Sorry if I'm not understanding correctly but it sounded like it was still in 4wd even in cal mode when the light was off? Have you ever noticed if the light goes out when you get above 12mph? It is supposed to automatically disengage above a certain speed

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Sorry, not hoping in cal mode, hops in normal mode.
Light never goes off at any speed.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sure seems to be pointing to the module. You could swap the wires from the diff lock and 4wd solenoids- then the diff lock buttons would control 4wd instead until you got it fixed right

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Steve - if your not getting any error codes I'm not sure what could be going on. Which transmission do you have? And are you following the directions right out of the service manual or somewhere else? How long are you holding the button for? There is a delay before it starts and you need to hold it throughout the process.
The Transmission is a Dual command

1 - 13 of 13 Posts