The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
I voted for the newer style, but have to say that all of those machines look very classy!

I particularly like the body on the 8010, and the way that the side raises/curves up over the rear tires.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think that it looks much better with the new colors on the 8010. Coming from experience, the red paint is much easier to clean and to keep looking nice than the black on the top. The 2388 and 2588 look about the same to me, just subtle differences. Hope the 7010 and 8010 can be as good of a combine as the 88 series have been for the last couple decades!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Still think they should have gone with the white top cabs for the 30th anniversery. Just my opinion. We run 4 1480's godda love the 1400 series

·
Registered
246 Posts
Good series I agree, but with the silver wheels and all the black and red, I think that the white tops would have looked funny on them.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
You missed the option for "I don't give a s**t what color you paint it as long as it works good."

-Lance

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:You missed the option for "I don't give a s**t what color you paint it as long as it works good."

-Lance

I guess I missed one oh well.

Justin

·
Registered
64 Posts
30 yrs is REALLY an impressive run for the 1480-2588 combine. I realize the 2588 is a "new" machine, but imagine how a JD 8820 would look if it had been updated for 30 yrs!

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
LOL i think i know what you mean by calling it a new machine

(year) but there's nothing new or great about it compared to the 2388

ew...i get a black ladder this year !!!! yipee
haha

i know...still one of those who wish they would have done something more...

guess i'll have to wait for the 6010

even then i'll be gripeing about the same thing just plastic shell

Just can't please some of us can you?

·
Registered
722 Posts
98j, I warned ya before, man, and I'll warn ya again, you're going to make quit my good job here at the airline for a new 'lifestyle of a job' there in Oregon.
Keep 'em a comin. Thanks man.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Like the old color scheme of the 8010 better, but like the new 2588 scheme better.

Agree white tops would have been a cool retro gift for the 30 year anniversery!

The black on the old 8010's seem to make em look a bit more intimidating, kinda like their out to get ya

Fun thread!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I don't agree, I think the new 8010 with the red looks better. Its much easier to wash, clean up, and stays looking nicer in the field for longer period of time.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts