The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still not out of high school will be In a year and trying to decide on whether or not to go on a harvest run I'm not gonna go for the money going for the experience just wondering what you guys think. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
110 Posts
GO! Best thing that I ever did, never made much money but I had a blast and learned a lot you will not regret it. Do your home work and make sure that you get on a good crew because it will make or break your summer!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Go! It will be something you remember forever.
I went twice and both were memorable, the first for how good it was the second for how bad... Make sure you research who you are working for was one of the the lessons learned that time. The other was how not to treat guys working under you.

The first time was great though!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I went..left day after graduation. I definitely enjoyed it. Saw a lot of country. Wish I could go again as an 18 year old with 33 my now 33 years of knowledge. I'd have had more fun!
I got very lucky, saw an add in farm journal or something called him up and left a few mon the later. Great crew. Good cooks and house keepers. I could have went the entire summer and never spent a dime if I wished and I never washed my own clothes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No question! I went the fall after I graduated college and had a great time as well as making solid references. Now that I have a full time job, I have gone back 2 years in a row using my vacation time.

You won't regret it!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do it !! I went this last summer as a sophomore in college and I am thinking about doing it again because it was just fantastic. Because I am student I went with a crew that does a shorter run like Danielski Farms out of Valentine, Nebraska and it worked out well.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Definitely do it, I have went the last three summers with Stegman Harvesting and like JINK said it worked well for me because they go no farther north then Nebraska and I could go back to college after that. Every crew does things a little different, some require more experience then others, if you wanted I could get you a job pretty easily with one that I know you would have a great time with. Might not make the most money but it is one of the best experiences you will have and is huge for opening up doors in jobs later on, all employers in the ag industry love to see a harvest crew on a resume.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.