The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loading out the bins, and I never realised that I had so much short pieces of straw in my sample. I run a 2388 with 25ft draper. Is my problem in the screens or is the rotor chopping the straw too much ?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Get a 9760? LMAO then you throw all your rice out the back! Open your concaves more, and slow your rotor rpm down a little. You have the AFX or older rotor?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AFX. I can clean it up with closing the screens some but it cuts my capacity down too much. How low can you go with rotor speed and still thresh all the rice?

·
Registered
84 Posts
What variety of rice? Moisture, straw condition? That makes a diff on how to fine tune. You can actually either tighten concaves and slow the rotor( 750-800 rpm), or open concaves until you're not getting all the heads off the straw and speed the rotor to 850-900.

·
Registered
84 Posts
You could also close the bottom screens just a little, and turn up the air. We run our 2388 in rice close to the following....concaves even with grates (little tighter if tough threshing variety), fan about 900-1050 depending on conditions, rotor between 750 and 850, and run the top screens about a fingertip width apart, bottom sceens about the same or a little closer. We have our vanes set to the fast position.

·
Registered
255 Posts
moisture, variety & weather conditions these determine how the machine will perform we run a 2188 with AFX in conventional rice as trennase, cocodrie or chenier, rotor 700-730, fan-1120, top screen 5/8, bottom 5/16+, vanes in the middle position except for the last two are in fast position, concave we open till we see rice left on straw then come back down till it's right all machines are different, hybrids as rice tek we can slow rotor as much as 650 everything else pretty much the same, now some thing that make a difference we had trouble with small straw when we removed wires out of concave so we run the first one with all wires an the middle an last with every other one removed made a big difference also I noticed as we get to the center of the field or in a point we get more small straw so I got on the combine an found as dad would cut after the first round he would overlap about 2ft in some places an cutting a couple of inches of the already cut straw, I can tell where he is in a field by the sample, he's 77 an he loves it! good luck PS we also run a 25ft draper

1 - 8 of 8 Posts