The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, just bought a gleaner f and found that I couldn't get the rpms on the cylinder up high enough. it stayed at 600 rpm. do I need to change a pulley? either swap two out for one another or a different pulley altogether?

·
Registered
899 Posts
What model of gleaner? Are you in high range on the rotor gear box? If I recall 600 was around the top speed in low range.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Gleaner F. No gearbox on that rotor. Don't know exactly what you've got for an F, I'm guessing it's got a variable speed cylinder that you adjust with a hand wheel to the right of the operators seat.

Wonder where your drive belt is riding in those adjustable sheaves. Does turning the hand wheel in the cab (which turns that little bicycle chain from it to the v/s sheaves) open and close the sheaves when the cylinder is turning, or is it stuck?

More info , please.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If its an early F you have to change the pulley on the cylinder to get different speeds. One pulley does a certain range and so on. Operators manual would tell you which pulley you need to get to the speed you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts