The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparantly these Case IH machines never break down, as my 2188 doesnt even have a toolbox!(lol) Where do you guys mount a toolbox on this things????
Jim

·
Registered
193 Posts
The factory location is on the left side near the battery box. Your combine probably had one on it and someone took it off before they traded it in.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
My 1680's front axle is in the low position so there are threaded holes exposed in the final housing just above the axle flange. That's where I mounted my tool box. It is not visible from the road, and it is right where I need it when I work on the concaves, etc. and what's a break down anyway???..................

·
Registered
299 Posts
Jim, I mounted a tool box on the cover that is over the reverser chain....also grease gun holder and firextingisher. I put a BIG water extingisher in the area where the "factory" tool box should be.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I made a bracket on the left side beside the batteries. I put a nice Craftsman toolbox on the bracket. It is big enough that I can put almost any tool that I need in it. I had to have a cover made for the tool box utherwise it kept filling up with dust.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought maybe I could mount one inside the swinging shield door, behind the left front wheels?

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I forgot some folks do run in muddy conditions. Sorry. My harvest weather is hot and sunny, so it does collect some dust. But it likely would collect some mud if you had to run in muddy conditions. But then, I guess when you turn the rear tires would throw mud up on the rearward mounted box too would'nt it? I like the location behind the tire myself. I think it works well for getting to the feederhouse and the concaves.

·
Registered
30 Posts
we mounted one on the backleft side of the ladder on top by the moter. A small pickup box holds all the goodies bolted right to the floor holds parts, oil, fire ext ect

·
Registered
975 Posts
Quote:I made a bracket on the left side beside the batteries. I put a nice Craftsman toolbox on the bracket. It is big enough that I can put almost any tool that I need in it. I had to have a cover made for the tool box utherwise it kept filling up with dust.

Here is a helpful tip. You always need a couple of rags when working on stuff right. So I took 2 red shop rags and folded them in half, and laid them over the top of the tray covering it. Then close the lid, and hook it. Next time you open it shake out the rags and there underneath is a clean tool box..........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts