The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the x35 monitor for autosteer in my tractor and this would save me needing a 20/20 for the Precision system. Topcon Rep said they work good on a Claas. they have kits for most combines.
They use an eye similar to the quantum meter. then a moisture sensor in the bubble up auger. I'll check on price tomorrow, maybe a shocker..

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Our 1999 2388 had a factory moisture sensor half way up the bubble up auger. In theory, it was simple and logical. Unfortunately, it required flighting to be removed from the auger at the sensor location. It would gum up with soil terribly and become pretty useless in many conditions, especially if it involved cutting a crop at ground level.

I don't recall your combine model, but regardless, most would agree, the very best yield monitor system across the board would be Ag Leader. Maybe not the cheapest, or quickest install, or calibration, or some other factor, but when it comes to reliability and consistency, they set the bar.

Consider a salvage yard like combine world or ASAP to get the components needed. An Integra monitor or older Insight, or several others would do the job and not cost a fortune. Depends on autosteer for what it will cost in the end.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What year and model is your Lexion? I know on the newer 700 series the Yieldtrak just Ts into the existing Claas Quantimeter, moisture, and header potentiometer harnesses. Also has an ECU that mounts under the cab where all these harnesses run to before going into the cab to join the main Topcon system harness.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What year and model is your Lexion? I know on the newer 700 series the Yieldtrak just Ts into the existing Claas Quantimeter, moisture, and header potentiometer harnesses. Also has an ECU that mounts under the cab where all these harnesses run to before going into the cab to join the main Topcon system harness.
Good to know. I have a 580r

1 - 8 of 8 Posts