The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello does any one tow any thing with there sp sprayer ? Eg trailer,extra water tank. All ways wondered if a sp would tow a small air seeder 30/40ft probly would have to be a disc seeder. Or even a small chaser bin or grain cart. I have seen people towing Landcruiser ute.

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
What type of sprayer were you thinking of using? I definatly will not be hooking anything up to my CaseIH sprayer. Sprayers are so expensive compared to tractors and have a 1/10 of the durability. What would you fasten the hitch to on a high clearance sprayer? The hitch would be in the way of the booms when you start spraying.

·
Registered
618 Posts
My Dad bought a white Patriot sprayer in the mid-late 90's. It actually had a factory built hydraulic folding hitch that folded down to tow a pick-up truck or small trailer. As for anything bigger, I have tractors and trucks that are better suited!

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have a old white Patriot it has a hyd. Fold down hitch behind I have towed a few things but It has too light of a hyd. System and the wheel motors are also light ,as the other guys say get a tractor or heavy truck to do the job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We used to have a drop down hitch on the old Rogator 854 for a ute or water tank to tag along years ago but haven't fitted anything to the newer Rogators or 7000 series Spracoupes we use now. Another contractor in the area tows his ute behind his John Deere but has been fined by Queensland Transport for doing that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.