The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to form having problem with the seperator clutch not " snapping in" it got increasing worse last fall pulls fine but dosnt feel correct very hard to pull in linkage is freee going to cab and not binding thinking i need to dis asemble and clean maybe got it to tight thanks in advance boots

·
Registered
16 Posts
The manual has a length the rods need to be. I think the bottom rod is 12 1/4 from center pin to frame and the top is 8 3/4 from center of pin to center of pin. Mine was doing the same thing so I shortened the the lower rod (which is left hand threads) and it cams over and lock in place better. Then adjust the clutch to get the right pull (32 lbs) on the engagement handle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i typed wrong model mine is a TR 95 i adjusted the rods by the book still wont snap in thought i had too tight loosen up about 8 nothches too loose went 1 notch at a time still no snap in will tear down tonight believe its just full of dirt and bean dust what do yall think boots

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cleaning the clutch could help. Make sure the three cams are clean. I also had to adjust the top and lower rods from the book measurements to get it right, but not too far. I don't mine are more than 1/16 to 1/8. But a little did help mine. I remember it being very frustrating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.