The Combine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can a guy buy new or rebuilt TR 98 gearbox’s these days? Or where can you send one to get rebuilt?

thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bad I should of mentioned specifically both the rotor drive gear box and the bubble auger gear box

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking that at first too, but they say they are unable to find parts or a complete rebuilt one. And they also said that they could’t rebuild mine at the dealership which i’m not sure why they can’t

·
Registered
301 Posts
I was thinking that at first too, but they say they are unable to find parts or a complete rebuilt one. And they also said that they could’t rebuild mine at the dealership which i’m not sure why they can’t
Sounds like you need a different dealer

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
HUH??
You won't find a rebuilt out of the parts department only new individual parts.
Unless the gear case is damaged and beyond repair and unavailable?
If the gearbox is totally messed up then its wrecker time and get a good used one re done.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Its been a long while since I overhauled one I'm more familiar with the tr 86 96 97.
We always used to overhaul those gearboxes in the shop.
Whats so different about the 98s?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I’ve rebuilt our tr98 about 15 years ago. There was nothing complicated about it. Borrowed the service manual from the dealer.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
I've heard from more than one person that some NH dealers pretty much laugh you out the door when you ask about parts ect for older equipment. I think its more a case of individual employees that simply don't know, care or want to bother, as that is something I have run into myself at all brands at one time or another. Unfortunately most wreckers are getting picked pretty clean already when it comes to the common parts for those older machines. Things like bearings and seals can most often be cross referenced thru a bearing store if that is what is needed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
post me some pictures of this non repairable supposed gear box
Lets see whats all so bad.
oh no it is definetely repairable, it just has some of the gears inside wore out. My dealer says that NewHolland no longer builds any new parts for them So they can not rebuild it for me. So i’m trying to find the parts, if not I need to get the parts made or buy a used one if I can find one

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I’ve rebuilt our tr98 about 15 years ago. There was nothing complicated about it. Borrowed the service manual from the dealer.
I don’t think it will be hard to rebuild, but I am having a hard time finding the parts as NewHolland no longer builds new parts.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
oh no it is definetely repairable, it just has some of the gears inside wore out. My dealer says that NewHolland no longer builds any new parts for them So they can not rebuild it for me. So i’m trying to find the parts, if not I need to get the parts made or buy a used one if I can find one
OK
Like I said post me a picture.
Those gears unless the teeth are broken some slight wear isn't that terrible.
I think we used to reverse them so they wear on the other side.
Thats the shits you can't get new gears like wtf.
Typical Holland

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I jumped on CNH parts online, looked at the gearboxes. That matched set of bevel gears are pricey ($1915), but it didn't say NLA. My guess is you could swap them left to right to wear on the other side, as stated. I'd call around to Worthington Ag, etc and see whats available used.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I've heard from more than one person that some NH dealers pretty much laugh you out the door when you ask about parts ect for older equipment. I think its more a case of individual employees that simply don't know, care or want to bother, as that is something I have run into myself at all brands at one time or another. Unfortunately most wreckers are getting picked pretty clean already when it comes to the common parts for those older machines. Things like bearings and seals can most often be cross referenced thru a bearing store if that is what is needed.
I know albertabuck and it isn't funny.
You know almost all parts for the 855 balers are now obsolete.
I need a new set of upper apron chains and I can't seem to locate any.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts