The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone run a Case head on a NH combine? I have a Case cornhead I would like to use on the NH. I also have a JD flexhead to run on it too, but doesnt look to hard to marry up, unless I am missing something.
Any pictures of adapters or homemade rigs for doing this?
CC.

·
Registered
4 Posts
we put a jd 8 row corn head on ours, we had to do a little cutting on it to make it fit and we had to get an adaptor plate for it

·
Registered
46 Posts
the case corn head depending on how old of one it is the newer ones are NH heads just with red plastic and a adaptor in them so they will go on a red combine the john deere will need a bearing and holder with bracket welded on for the drive shaft and take off the chain sprocket on the end of the shaft and put on a PTO shaft as for the hole for the feeder house the top tube on the head I don't know about the flex heads but the JD corn heads the top tube was narrower than a NH so we put a piece of metal on each side with a hole in it for the top pins to go into and for the bottom we took a ready rod welded a nut on the end of it that the bottom pin would go through and just drill a holl in the right spot in the frame of the head put it through it and dubble nut it on the back. I dont remember if we had to ad tin to make the holl smaller or cut some out. We built a 12 row 20" JD corn head and put on a TR97 so I think it should be some what the same

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a pic I found of a cobbled up 863 cornhead made to fit on a TR. I was hoping to find a design that would couple the two closer together to avoid the dead space between the 2.
My head is a 1000 series CaseIH widened to 12 row 30". It would have a similar opening to the 863 as shown.
CC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts