The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How easy is it to adjust the rotor clearence? Cant get it to crank down to 1 on the gauge in the cab. Last year had a few white caps in my wheat and think I could get a cleaner sample. NH did the rotors when I bought it so it should be set right was my thinking?

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
It is easy to do. They could be zeroed to the concaves, but the gauge may be wrong. Crank it as tight as possible and check the rub bar clearance. If it is tight, then the gauge is just off. If not, you can adjust on the linkages just below the rotor doors.

I usually adjust them till it clicks and then back it off a little. If you don't have them already, you may need awning plates for the 1st section of the concave to fix your threshing problems.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Havent ran any awning plates, do they make a difference? Can you leave them in for canola and barley as well?

Must be possible to move the gauge so its correct. When you hear it clicking is that just turning it by hand?

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
Just so the rub bars tick by hand (you hear it or feel it) and then adjust it for slightly more clearance.

Awning plates make a large difference. We have every other bar cut out of our harvest concave in the first section and just run plates for everything but peas. No changing concaves, just as easy as taking out the plates to move from peas to cereals or oilseeds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts