The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we turn up the rotor speed to run wheat the combine gets a vibration you don't get at lower rpm's, has anyone had rotors balanced to help with this problem?

·
Premium Member
5,771 Posts
Yup. Some dealers will balance and most aftermarket rotor companies do (for a price I am sure). However, if it was good before and now is bad, there might be dirt behind the rub bars that have thrown it out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Also another thing to look at is when the combine is running with the rotors engaged and vibrating, is to look at the rotor variator belt. If it starts to seperate it can vibrate at certain speeds.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Check front bearings. Does the vibration get worse the higher the rps get or does it stay the same. Our has some vibration at 900 rpm but none at 1700rpm.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have to Balance the rotors on our CR960 this year because The devider between the rotors came loose and went into one of them. The cost to do both of them is $800 at Atom Jet in Brandon, and Precision Farm Parts will do them for $600. I have heard Mazer in Brandon will not sell even a new CR without taking the rotors to Atom Jet to balance first.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I second the belt idea. If you have ever plugged the rotor you may have a bad spot on the belt. This will not be real eveident at low rotor rpm but when you get into the 1100 plus you really feel it. I was worried as well but it ended up being a belt.

·
Registered
121 Posts
you can also check that your rotor drive sheave is on the timing marks.That is the one with the hydraulic acuator. W had that on our 99 and found there are center punch marks on the two halves

·
Registered
172 Posts
My money is on the belt too, run it up so its vibrating and jump out and see if the belt is whipping, there could be a bit of rust on the shieves which wont be helping, also check the belt for wear, if it is worn on the edges too much the shieves cant keep it tight, i would be checking the simple stuff before pulling the rotors out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts