The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am rebuilding my combine, and noticed some fine cracks on the feed auger on the front of the rotors. They are about an inch long and start at the center and go outward. There are 4 cracks total on one auger, and 6 on the other.

Are they any thing to worry about? Has any one else seen this?1500 threshing hrs. and this is the first time rotors have been out. Replacing rasp bars and the wear lugs on the auger, rebalanced.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have not seen cracks on any model TR rotors in my time but I believe the only thing I would do would be to bevel the cracks and weld them real good. Re-balancing would be a good idea if it is handy. If the front screws are terribly worn maybe they should be replaced but I know they are terribly in costs.

·
Registered
664 Posts
i would suggest contacting new holland. they may offer rebuilding the rotors. They balanced our rotors at the factory for free, and i got a full tour and the manager took me out.

contact them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.