The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok sounds ubsurd but just trying a new angle on capacity.

tell us how machines have boosted your productivity over the years. were you able to trade 2 in on 1 or 3 in on 2 and maintain productivity.

we have all had experience driving the old ones and it should be good to compare with what we have got now and it should be roughly transferable from region to region by percentage to gain a grasp on the value a new machine may bring to your operation.

go for it

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
well, our TR85 had about 60% the capacity of our TR98, and the TR98 has about 60% capacity of our CR970, so probably about 1/3 from a TR85 to a CR970. And some more to get to the CR9080. So 3 TR85s to equal a CR9080. Probably about right. Not counting labor and the fact that you would need a cart to keep all the TR85s happily going on their way. And not counting the comfort level of a CR's cab (and thats worth a lot!)

·
Registered
619 Posts
an easier way would be to figure out acres/hour or acres/day for a tr85 a new 9080 depending on crop type, yield, location/day length, and other factors in the season like humidity and other factors, a 9080 should run 15-25 acres per hour in crops such as wheat, too many variables, but it would be significant

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the fact is that all the variables are canceled out by your original purpose when you brought the old machine in the eighties to operate in a similar area to the new ones. for example when i worked in canada we had a 2 year old 1680 case for ~2400acres. back in australia the same machine would cover twice that area. same for a tr85 or cr9080.

interested in your experiences through time of machines you have owned or operated to grasp capacity.

my cts11 would do 20 acres an hour in my conditions a cr9080 might do 35-40. the comparison stands your conditions to mine between old machine to new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts