The Combine Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yeah, I need to take care of it, and it will take care of me. It will make a good wintertime project!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well, I have given him an offer of $3000. That is just what I could do. It is not like there are no combines that I could use where I am, but I would certainly like my own. He is going to think about it, and then call me back. It sounds like he'll take it. If God wants me to get it, then he will take it!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I have gone through the combine a lot since it is home, and I really like it, and I believe I got a good deal. All belts are basically new, chains are in great shape, and so on. It has a lot of nice features compared to the JD 6600. Digital displays, full bin sensor, and so on. However, that also leaves more room for electrical problems. But, I really like this combine, and I am starting work on it for next year, such as power-washing, replacing silicone seals, painting, etc. I am going through the machine in and out.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I have got a quick question for you guys. I am trying to switch the straw spreader from spreading to windrowing, and the manual doesn't show very well how to do it. I know about the drive-lock pin, but I can't seem to find the right one. There is a pin/bolt on the top of the little gear-boxes, but when I take that out, it doesn't seem to do anything. Is that it, or is it somewhere else? Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi I have a TR85 that I'm fixing up, its been standing in a barn for 7 years. Just buzzing repairing the clutch plate then I should be good to go. BUT my combine doesn't have a straw chopper but the alarm on the instrument panel keeps coming on and stays on when I engage the treshing. Apparently theres away to turn it off but I havent found it yet, studied the manual from front to back but nothing. Not alot off TR85's in South Africa so no NewHolland Dealer can help me here.

Even if someone can indicate where there chopper censor is it would help.

Thank you

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
To change the spreader from spreading to windrowing straw, where are the drive lock pins? I believe they are at the bottom of the shafts, but I don't see how I can get those pins out.

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
Whats the serial number of that combine you got there:confused:

I believe I have an extra copy of the TR85 service manual but there was two versions...it wouldn't be right away, but if I can find it and its the right one, I'll send it to you;)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I will go get it in just a sec. My manual says to pull the drive lock pins on the shaft, but doesn't sow you where.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I used my TR for the first time today in barley. I really like the machine. I ran a little fast to keep it full.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone can tell me the exact length of the tr85. I have bought a tr85 and tr70 and hope to get both on a truck with a 40foot flat deck. Can anyone help?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts