The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on my TR86 to get it switched over to do some oats. I switched the concave extensions to the small grrain ones and noticed the ones I took out were the same except all the wires are out. I remember when I bought it the former owner said he replaced them and thought they would be like a keystock grate on an IH. Should I replace them with corn soybean ones when I go back to soybeans or just put a few wires in the small grain ones and run them that way? It seems to do a good job this way, except for some small cob pieces that I can't seem to get rid of in certain varieties and conditions.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bringing this oldie back up. Wondering if I should get some corn soybean extensions for it. I seem to have to run 1000 to 1100 rotor rpm and 5 or 6 on the concaves to get them clean and really close on the bottom sieve.

Is anyone making new extensions anymore? I see ASAP Tractor parts has the small grain ones. New Holland and A&I don't have them anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.