The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought this would be interesting. These are "pioneers" test plot combines. They New Holland Tr86s. I do not know much about test plot combines except for the fact that these were interesting to see cause they are new hollands and new hollands are not native to our area (West Tennessee) So here are the pics.

Mason

·
Registered
508 Posts
Re: Tr86s

Ya there neat. I looked one over at College. Very cool. Lots of company's run them up here. These guys convert them. http://www.kincaidseedresearch.com/index.html
I heard from the NH mechanic that services our CR that these guys are working on a CR plot combine. Thing is the CR is too wide for a 4r so there going to make them run an 8r.

Take care,

Nathan

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Interesting link, Nathan. I was actually at the Kincaid plant back in 1993. I don't know if they're still making them, but at one time they had positively the world's smallest combines. Most were self-propelled, but there was one or two that mounted to a tractor. The company rep could not really show us anything but a couple of models not yet shipped out. They were not mass-produced, but instead, only built to order. As pictures on their current site indicate, they did and still do much retrofitting to existing small combines.

I was shown a desk copy of catalog/photo album. Their smallest one, was a self-propelled, but rather than a drivers seat and station, the controls and levers were own low--at easy arm level. This machine was only to be used by literally walking alongside it while running! The only thing I've ever seen after a similar fashion, is a very small trencher made by Charles Machine [Ditch Witch] in which the operator walks behind it like a roto-tiller!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts