The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, finally joined, been lurking off & on for awhile. Lots of good info here it seems. I recently purchased a Tr 95 that has been sitting for some time. Haven’t got it home yet & I’m sure I’ll have more questions when I do but first one is this machine has some type of add on hydraulic driven beater above the straw chopper. There is a flow control on it for speed control I’m guessing. Haven’t seen this before just wondering it’s purpose? Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it is like a beater/drum that goes across the machine above & in front of the chopper. I will have to get a picture. I have not seen this on any other machines I’ve looked at. Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's a roller. It's meant to help feed the straw into the chopper. It should be covered In rubber. Putting new rubber on the roller is a pita and didn't seem to help our tr96. The factory choppers weren't very good.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Your talking about the beater that throws the straw to the chopper. Every Tr we had had a belt that run the beater. I never owned a 95 but owned a 85,96,97 and 98, all of them had the beaters with a belt behind the rotor drive. Maybe your talking about the roller just before the chopper behind the sieves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts