The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying a TR95. I don't know what year, but about 2500 hours, 24 ft head. Is this good wheat combine? I have been around green and red all my life and never ran a new holland. Always heard they had some reliability problems. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
664 Posts
Re: TR95

it doesnt chew all straw. ours will chew it up if the straw is reall dry or real short. we can make some really nice bales on good years. but generally we are more concerned with getting it out of the head than straw.

most rotors will chew it up real good. most new deeres will too. the best straw machine ive ever seen was an old massey

Matt

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I know it sounds stupid to be so worried about straw, but thats whats going to pay for the power bill on the pivots. I am not worried about any color as far getting the crop threshed. How about the reliability, how many hours do you guys have you New Hollands? Thanks for the input.
Brad

·
Registered
664 Posts

im not sure how many hours ours has, but its a ton. we have rebuilt our rotors twice and the grain elevators and augers. ours has been unbelievably reliable. it sits out all year because we dont have a shop yet. usually tighten chains, lube, change fluids and put in / pull out some wires. one day and i am ready to harvest

Matt

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts

Have a TR98. More power = more through per hour. Its at 1600 hrs thresher and the rotors have been done twice (only 1 set of rub bars though) the rotor covers have been replaced and we just patched them up this year. Put harvest services concaves in about 800 hrs ago and they still look great. Just flipped them around this year so should have another long time with them.

No real problems (this is a TR98 so I'm not sure if the 95s had bubbleup gearbox trouble. They do seem to wear fast, but you can also smash the acres through them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.