The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are days away from cutting into our soybeans this year and it will be the first year we harvest our own. We were thinking rotors 1100-1200, fan 750, concaves maybe around 5, and sieves fairly open but again we have never combined soybeans and we always hired a 9600 before so we don't have any soybean twin rotor experience either. The beans should be in the 11-13% moisture range and the stems should be fairly dry. How close or far off are we on those settings: the manual isn't very helpful so any real world settings would really help.

Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have an 86 so I'm not sure how close I would be to your machine. I usually start at 1000 on rotor speed and 6 on the concaves. Fan at 800 to 850. I usually run the bottom sieve pretty far closed to avoid pods in the tank, just fussy that way I guess! I was told to keep speeding up the rotor until you see cracked beans and back it off until you don't. And the same with the fan, slow down until you get trash in the sample and speed up until you don't.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.