The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to adjust the wheel alignment on a TR98 combine with duals? We have a six row head and the tires are at the very outside edge. If we get some close rows, they will monster truck the rows (volunteer corn next year). Are there adjustments that can be done to bring them in?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
There are a variety of wheel arrangements that have been applied to the combines, hard to know without further details. Interestingly enough, the TR98 parts guide shows only 24.5 or 30.2 singles available. The TR99 shows a Dual option.

Take a look at the dual and axle setup. If there are no spacers in the system (either between the axle and final drives, or final drives and rims) then no. The TR99 parts show a axle extension for duals, but my guess is you can't remove them without the tires hitting the combine.

6 row heads were not made for duals--see if you can't find a set of 30.5-32 tires and rims instead. If you do, make sure to get the spacers on the rim too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
There are a variety of wheel arrangements that have been applied to the combines, hard to know without further details. Interestingly enough, the TR98 parts guide shows only 24.5 or 30.2 singles available. The TR99 shows a Dual option.

Take a look at the dual and axle setup. If there are no spacers in the system (either between the axle and final drives, or final drives and rims) then no. The TR99 parts show a axle extension for duals, but my guess is you can't remove them without the tires hitting the combine.

6 row heads were not made for duals--see if you can't find a set of 30.5-32 tires and rims instead. If you do, make sure to get the spacers on the rim too.
Duals are listed for the TR98 at the end of the parts listing in section 18A18 in the old PAL system. 18.4x38 or 18.4x42, I assume the same as the TR99. No options from New Holland to change tracking. We have been running a 6 row head with duals on our TR99 for quite a few years. Not an issue if you drive straight with the planter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts