The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keep blocking feederhouse harvesting barley, have been running same combine for 8 years with no issues in wheat, barley, canola and peas. Running a NH 94C Draper (Honeybee) 30' draper. Nothing has ever been changed except we put the stone trap roller up when harvesting canola, for cereals we have it almost fully down. The only thing is we just relined the stone trap and put in a new S plate at the top of the feeder. Everything looks normal, no obstructions, nice and smooth, retractable fingers fine, but I just cannot get the barley up the front. Probably a 70bu crop taking a lot of the straw. Normally it just pours in but I am getting 1 - 7 blocks per box full and running below capacity. Have spent hours looking at it. I think tomorrow I will try pehaps lifting the front roller currently it is about mid way. (where it has always been for everything) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Rusty1.

·
Registered
664 Posts
is there a drum in front of your feederhouse drum?

if there is, check clearances and speeds. When on harvest, our draper heads were running the feed WAY too fast to our drums and they would clog up.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The drum in the centre of the draper cannot really be slowed down as it runs directly off the feederhouse, but our draper belts are running fast, perhaps I will try slowing them a little.
Had some light rain so won't be trying today.
Thanks for that.

·
Registered
664 Posts
try slowing down the center belt, the side belts dont matter as much, that i noticed......

i didnt think it would matter, but a guy showed me the diff between 10 and 140 bushel wheat and it was incredible

·
Registered
561 Posts
Check to make sure your stone trap door is closed so the rear edge is 1/8" higher than the feeder floor behind it. Otherwise there will be a lip the crop can catch while it is fed up the feeder. Also check your feeder chain length. How close is your adjustment to the end of the slot? Run your feeder chain as long as you can, by that I mean take your half links out only if you have to. the longer your feeder chain is the further your front drum will be out and the less "Dead" space you will have between your front drum and your table auger or feed auger.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys. It dried up sooner than expected today so managed to do about 5 hours.
The stone trap door was fine, we actually looked there earlier.
Slowed the draper belts down just a tad and did 5hrs without stopping once. Who would have thought, should of thought of that ourselves. Was very cool and tough today so hopefully goes just as well when it heats up again, it should do. (Fingers crossed)
Is a fine balance as still need some speed on the belts.
Thanks for the input.

Rusty1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts