The Combine Forum banner

TR98 header drive belt won't engage

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  makar 
#1 ·
Asking for help to solve this problem, have a TR98 combine...I pull the thresher button and the thresher starts up normally. I pull the header button and nothing happens. I checked the power at the switch, i got power. I checked the relays that pertain to the header, all checks out. I checked the power at the header drive valve where the hydrallic fluid should begin its flow and I have power there also.. Not sure what I am missing, but wondered if the time delay relay has a function that I do not understand. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#5 ·
If you have 12V at the feeder engage solenoid when you have the feeder engage switch on, then its not electrical. Either the solenoid coil is bad, or the valve is stuck off, or you have some other hydraulic or mechanical problem. Those combines are very simple electrical systems...no fancy PWM valves etc. Just 12V to the coil...either on or off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.