The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upgraded swathers so have a 21ft swath now. Whats everyone going in with 40-50bus/acre hard red wheat? Was in 3rd doing 5mph. Wish there was a better way to see if your going to fast on these TRs.

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
Drive till she rumbles in the rotors and then back off a little.

Also, when I am pushing it, I have the engine RPM lugged to about 2150 constantly. Its the beauty of the mechanical engine -keeps making power.

You will find that once you get a straight cut header you will be in better shape. TRs are straight cutting kings -the rotors are too small and lose RPM too easily in uneven swaths to really keep the capacity top notch. 5mph sounds pretty decent, but depending on straw you could probably push it more.

You will hardly ever have an issue with rotor loss, so just keep pushing. And hardly even throw anything out the back once its set well.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are your settings for wheat? In my Hard Red (Harvest) I am at 1500rpm for rotor and 800 fan, concaves are 3. The loss monitor is tricky to figure out, run everything at speed and set it so there are 2 green lights showing? How close is it to true?

·
Registered
664 Posts
it really depends on how much straw you have. we use a 25 ft head and I was running 4-5 mph this year due to the straw condition. 35-50 bu acre

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The sieves and chaffer seem to be a hit and miss some times, looking at getting some external adjusters for my combine, next year now though. Counting is a good idea, just was using my fingers as a guide.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
heres my 2 cents worth. On our TR89 we in wheat we would run the rotors at about 1550 the concaves at about 4 or 5 or even 6 if it was hot enough as for the sieves, on the bottom one we would have the handle about one or two notches further open from pointing straight back and the top one pointing straight back. The fan speed seems to be the only major difference to you guys as we would run ours pretty much flat out at about 1050rpm. I realise our conditions down here are much different to yours as we can quite often be harvesting in 38 C temps (100 F) and above which makes life much easier

steve

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
Lets see. in Strongfield Durum I am running rotors at 1650 (wide open) concave at about 3 to 4 and the fan near 800. I have a loewen top airfoil adjustable sieve, but the lower on is set 18 notches from the right side. I'm more of a counter than a measurer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts